past & present: liberty of london round-up (part 2)

for this liberty of london round-up, i set some rules for myself – no liberty of london for target. it’s not for lack of love – i do have quite a few pieces from the target collaboration (thanks mom!)- but i wanted to focus on some liberty of london products that were a little less expected. i think the most fun would be to make something using the fabric- the patterns are so beautiful that they really lend themselves to a multitude of project ideas. i’m thinking of making myself some liberty of london napkins, pillows or even a scarf. no matter what you’re looking for, i hope you’ll enjoy the products in the roundup here! if you didn’t catch it earlier today, don’t miss the history of liberty of london (part 1)amy

[photo above: liberty of london quilting fabric from £3.50, ceasar d pillows $165, tamar mogendorff small fabric peacock $245, napkin $19, clutch purse with silk lining $85]

this mini-roundup is a homage to all things liberty – from the kimonos sold in the first liberty store to c.f.a voysey’s heart motif, it’s a modern celebration of the store’s british heritage!

[photo above clockwise from left: felt heart garland $10, kimono style robe $124, julah ottoman, diamond $198  resin dew drop vase $130 AUD, resin seed vase $95 AUD, twigware $82 kilim pillows cactus $29, union jack dog sweater $39.95]

[above: b&j fabrics has a great selection of liberty of london $36.95/yard for cotton fabrics]

liberty of london fabric from purl soho $38/yard (left: yellow gabriela, right: pink fairford)

1. melina bee says:

so beautiful! very well done, esp par I. One question though: it seems like in the past couple decades Liberty was sorta…. not on the scene and then just came back. Am I right? Or were they just not super visible for a time?

2. Melissa says:

Thanks for the non-target round up! I’m actually surprised at the fabrics. For some reason I thought they were around $200. $38 per yard is considerably more justifiable.

3. Amy Cox says:

Liberty is just the best – their buying dept is inspired.

4. Pooja says:

I recently purchased a cotton/silk-lined from redrubyrose’s etsy shop and I was overjoyed with the quality. I will be using it this coming weekend!

5. Pooja says:

clutch! I purchased a clutch similar to the one shown above ;).

6. amy says:

Love me some Liberty of London! Thanks for some pieces that I had not seen before.

7. jHill says:

i realllllly want that peacock. great to see non-target pieces.

8. Tricia Rose says:

Years ago I lived on the top floor of the old Liberty warehouse in Foubert’s Place, so Liberty was my local store, and it was super-cool. Bliss! They still carry the Liberty print Tana lawn I had as a baby, as well as varuna wool and fine wool challis.

9. Nuria says:

I really like liberty prints!!!!

10. jasmine says:

Great post! These are all so lovely to look at. The peacock is wonderful.

11. MayDae says:

PEACOCK! Wow. All of the prints are wonderful. :)

12. Bubbly says:

I just love the heart garland! And the peacock clutch! Great roundup!!

13. Hannah says:

Oh I love the twig cutlery, such a cute idea!

14. Sandi says:

I’ve just posted about the quilting fabric displayed above. It was created to celebrate the current Quilts 1700-2010 show at the V &A museum in London. Saw the show. It was so fantastic and I was so excited to find the fabric in the museum shop afterwards. They are lovely prints. There is a blog about the quilting stories as well from the V&A website.

15. zoya says:

lovely cutlery set
    i recently visited London found some cool ideas from Asian markets special the designs and the patterns are so colorful and attractive i just love all those things,

16. Alex Snowdon says:

Those little felt hearts at the window are fab, what a lovely idea, might try making some myself! ; )

17. Kate says:

If you want to see more of the Liberty prints check out the Cincinnati Flower Show from April 17th-25th! The props used in Target’s commercials will be used in our displays this year!

18. Anna says:

Liberty is the best! On my one and only trip to London in 1985 I spent a blissful afternoon at Liberty, looking and stroking everything and buying just a little. A few years later I made up one piece into a skirt that is still going strong and will last forever. Another piece is the classic peacock design, which (I am embarrassed to say) I cut out for a loose shirt and never sewed up. Now I really must do that….

19. I Love Liberty says:

Thanks for these posts. It’s nice to see that other people appreciate Liberty of London. Some people don’t get it at all.

I’ve considered ordering from the following places, which have lower prices. Even given the cost of international postage, I think I’d still come out ahead. Has anyone heard anything negative?