cynthia warren design

cynthia warren is an oakland, california based artist who specialized in invitations for weddings & events, as well as identity & packaging, illustration, and calligraphy & typography. when she sent over her website i was immediately smitten with her wedding invitations, which have that sort of old-world meets contemporary look and feel that i love. i find myself re-imagining our wedding all the time with different themes (though i ultimately wouldn’t have changed a thing) and these top invites would have been so perfect for a spring wedding.

you can browse all of cynthia’s work on her site, from invites to identity, right here. be sure to check out her calligraphy & typography portfolio- i really love her way with hand-lettering. thanks so much to cynthia for sending over her work! [photography by aya brackett]

CLICK HERE for 8 more images of cynthia’s work after the jump!

1. Justine says:

I love these! really inspiring work. I have been practising using my gocco printer to do wedding invites for my sister. Her style is nothing like mine so its been a tough project but these… these are ticking my boxes.

2. Jade says:

the colours of the valentines day menu work so well together. i love her calligraphy, its so beautiful and delicate. amazing ..

3. Jenna says:

She must have an incredible image library/ephemera collection. Her old timey references are spot on. Really beautiful work!

4. Kate says:

i’ve been a fan of her work for years- so happy you’ve featured her! she’s impeccable.

5. Vanessa says:

Cynthia created the menus for our small, food-focused wedding last fall and not only were they absolutely beautiful but she was beyond amazing to work with.

6. Marija says:

Cynthia’s designs are so beautiful.

I love the intricate details and lovely use of color.

7. Diana says:

This is all just so gorgeous and creative. I just want to hug the artist for making these imaginative throwbacks!

8. Megkathleen says:

I love the different fonts she uses – especially on the Valentines day menu.

9. Melissa says:

This is just so beautiful! I’m in love with the New Year’s party invitation. Her aesthetic is perfection. I’m glad you discovered her for us!