before & after: barb’s dresser + lily’s entryway

today’s first before & afters come from barb and lily. first up is barb from knack studios. barb has shared so many beautiful makeovers with us over the past few years and i’m always happy to see an email from her in my inbox. for this piece, barb kept the aged feel of the original, but added color by applying a hand-painted green finish. i love that you can still see some of the original wood color coming through, but that you get a little bit of extra color from the decorative finish. thanks for sharing, barb!

[have a before & after you’d like to share? just shoot me an email with your images right here! (low res, under 1M total, please)]

CLICK HERE for lily’s entryway makeover after the jump!

next up is lily from a charmed wife. having scene her wedding in martha stewart weddings, i knew that lily’s project would be full of good taste. lily decided to makeover her nyc apartment’s hallway by applying a beautiful floral wallpaper and creating her own faux wainscoting. i was so impressed by her handy woodworking skills that i had to share this makeover today. i’ve included a few process shots before, but lily actually shared her full how-to for the woodwork on her site right here. thanks, lily!

1. // Sarah says:

Love the wallpaper Lily chose for her entryway… would love to come home that everyday!

2. ashley says:

i love the dresser! i have a buffet table in the same (before) shape and have been trying to decide how to refinish it – this gives me the inspiration to do it! thanks :)

3. The dresser looks great! I can’t tell you how many dressers I’ve seen “distressed” and they look ridiculous. This dresser ACTUALLY looks like it’s old and in a state of distress. :) The legs are especially good! Nice work!

4. Heather says:

That entryway is so lovely!

5. Pamela says:

Awesome job on both projects!

6. denise says:

Found you through Isabella & Max blog. Wow! You have exquisite taste. I particularly L.O.V.E. THE DRESSER! I love to refinish furniture! Glad I found you! I am now an avid follower!

7. Sage & Style says:

Gorgeous entryway. It’s amazing what wallpaper alone can do to a space. Her chandelier even looks new and cool :)!

8. rebecca says:

I never EVER get tired of seeing what Barb does. It’s her fault I have a second dresser that I have no room for in the bedroom! :)

9. arroyo says:

Great dresser. As others noted, it is tough to get distressing right. And you got it just right.

The wainscot is terrific, also. Relatively small project, but huge impact.

10. Meghan says:

I am so inspired by this hallway. What a transformation, really moved it up!

11. sharon says:

really like the wallpaper in the entry way – i think i will do a painting inspired by the color palette…

12. andrea nina says:

i love these before & after entries. this ones one of my favorites. xoxo

13. Christin says:

Loved seeing the new dresser from Knack! My husband and I are totally loving our own Knack dresser – Barb does an amazing job on every piece!

14. knack says:

thank you so much for posting this today grace! It is always a thrill for me to be featured here!

thank you to all of you fantastic readers for the sweet comments!

xo

15. Loving the color of that dresser! Great job Knack!

16. sarah b. says:

great entry! i love a fun pattern in a small space, especially when it’s there to greet you!

17. ooh ooh, i love that dresser!

18. jasmine says:

Yay, I always love Barb’s furniture makeovers!

19. manchmal says:

Really lovely job on the hallway…can you give the name/source for the wallpaper?