typographic prints

both ac and i have a fondness for typographic prints. we own a large one from oddhero in our living room, and i’m always on the hunt for cool new pieces to add to the apartment. so naturally these two new prints at keep calm gallery were totally up my alley. the first is an ampersand identification chart by douglas wilson. based on the snellen eye chart, each print comes with an identification key that details the names and weights of all 61 ampersands. the print is part of a signed, limited edition of 110 and you can pick up a copy right here for $48.

next up is a print called fail better from leslie and pea, who were inspired by the words of samuel beckett. each print is hand letterpressed and printed in sussex using wood and metal type on recycled natural paper. each print is available right here for $38.

1. visualingual says:

I love, love, love that ampersand print!

2. C.Alicia says:

Thanks Grace, this is great! I would love seeing typographical design featured on Design*Sponge. I’m quickly developing a love for it myself.

3. Adrienne says:

Oh NO! That Beckett quote is my favourite – I use it as my signature line. Now will I see it everywhere, just like Keep Calm and Carry On?

4. Julien Floyd says:

Ohhh I am a sucker for typrography, especially when it is used in this format! Great post.

5. Tanya says:

I like Fail Better. That’s a great saying.

6. Andrea says:

Ok. I’m officially in love.

7. Nik says:

Oh, yeah! So glad you featured them. My two most treasured prints are from their site! :) They are so wonderfully cheeky.

8. Barbara says:

I’m a big typography fan as well. LOVE that ampserand chart. Thanks for sharing!

9. Autumn says:

LOVE the second print.

10. Ashley P says:

I loooove using those giant clippy things to hang artwork!!! I have a commitment problem with frames so everything I have is hung with the clippy guys!

11. Jen says:

I also love the ampersand print. I’m looking for a similar typographical print that features the “@” sign to hang in my soon-to-arrive son’s nursery. His name is Atticus and I just thought it would fit nicely. Has anyone seen such a thing?

12. Seth says:

I love type and these are very cool. Thank you!

13. Lauren says:

I absolutely love this print!!!

14. milli-jane says:

Wow! i’m loving these prints! I’ve made my very own Typogaphic Poster Perfection roundup so take a look if you have time they are all very wall worthy!!

15. s mead says:

i think we may have something in common!
    love letters love the letteroom and design sponge …….