weekly wrap up + numbered stairs

if i could scream “TGIF!” from the rooftops i would, but my voice is still blown-out from yelling at last night’s rangers game. so instead i’ll head out an hour early today and try to rest my voice with some tea and maybe catch a little cat nap before i have to pick up the laptop again. amy and i are going to check out the philadelphia flower show this weekend so stay tuned for some pretty garden and flower related pictures on monday. until then, i hope you all have a wonderful weekend! below is a summary of this week’s highlights and above is a beautiful set of sunshine yellow stairs from lois keenan. i’d be happy to run up and down those cheerful stairs every day…

1. Hmm..I’m not really a huge fan of this. If it was perhaps in a kids room or something, but it’s just too much for me I think.

2. Yay Philly! Enjoy the Flower Show and if you’re finding yourself in Rittenhouse Square in need of something fancy to do, check out the Philadelphia Art Alliance…I have a fun installation in the front room on the first floor :) Woo!

3. Pins + Paper says:

ha! I love it! I think it’s great and funny at the same time :)

~ Kristen

4. carolyn says:

Loving painted stairs lately, although not sure about the numbers…great inspiration for adding a little something extra though, maybe a monogram or a little fleur de lis? Cute idea!

5. very fun. as ‘they’ say, ‘better bold than borning!’

thanks for a great week!

6. Renee says:

Welcome to Philly! Reading Terminal Market was wall-to-wall yesterday with ladies going crazy for the flower show.

7. OMG! These are so much fun! Happy Friday…

8. Abby says:

Oh what a fun picture! I don’t know if I could pull it off in my house – but I LOVE that she pulled it off in hers:)

XOXO

9. Trina says:

It’s a fun idea! I like the look of painting a ‘rug’ down the center of the stairs especially. Have a great weekend! Trina

10. Lane Tynan says:

This is one of our favorite sites personally and as a creative team. The numbered stair shot really made us smile. Ever get tired of the numbers you can always change it out to words of wisdom! Keep it up.

11. Matti says:

Numbered stairs would be fun and educational for the kids. Matti

12. Emily F says:

While you’re in Philly, you should stop by Walnut Bridge Coffee House. It’s owners, Edna, the pastry guru, and Mike, the mixologist, are an incredibly sweet couple. Edna makes all of the pastries in shop and Mike is always coming up with new and improved (and delicious) coffee drinks. If nothing else, go for the selection of unique chocolates they travel far and wide to find. Enjoy!

13. Megan says:

Loving those sunny stairs!

14. Jeanne says:

I always count the steps of stairs as I walk them, and I guess I wouldn’t have to with this one! Very cute!

Also, I’m a fan of hockey and a new Ranger/ex Shark. Jody Shelley is awesome, I can just see him fighting now…

15. Ann Arbor says:

Happy Friday to you too! Are those stairs metaphorical maybe? Count your steps to the weekend? haha, just trying to appease the dislikes from earlier comments.

16. Alissa says:

I love these numbered stairs! If I didn’t live in a one-story house, it would probably be my weekend project!

17. Kara says:

I just stumbled across this blog via Cupcakes and Cashmere and can’t believe I haven’t heard of it before. I’m glad I finally did discover you because the design, content, and photos are simply amazing. Keep up the incredible work.

18. Debra says:

I’m liking these yellow stairs they are not for everyone they are different but I like them.

19. jaclyn says:

i completely agree – TGIF!!!

i love the sunny, mustard yellow paint – especially with today’s winter weather!

20. laura trevey says:

I absolutely love the idea of the numbered stairs!! Cool!

21. Ivy says:

Very fun idea. It definitely made me smile. I love the sunshine yellow too…it would make those annoying trips up and down the stairs much more fun!

22. Jack O'Sullivan says:

I love that idea! Seriously most beautiful color!
    Jack O’Sullivan

23. maceymack says:

I count as i go upstairs anyway, so good idea. for that matter i count when i take a step. i think it’s cool.

24. Sarah says:

What a fun idea, this would be especially great in a home with children!

25. Seeing this stair,i can think of steps or level.Like on web design,there are primary,secondary and upper levels to create a perfect web design.

26. Audrey says:

Can not wai to see you pics of the flower show!!!!

27. Nice concept, I think this would be perfect for my daughter who’s now working on her numbers

28. the stairs are awesome.. We have been looking for a great example of numbered stairs.

29. Jen says:

I love those stairs – especially good for us weirdos who like to count the stairs sometimes! (please tell me other people do this as they go up or down – just occasionally?!)

30. janie says:

Not sure if those numbered stairs would be good for my OCD counting issues, lol

31. The steps remind me of a trip I took to Santorini, Greece. The island is full of stairs and there is one set that is numbered, something in the neighbourhood of 600…

32. Looove the Philly Flower Show. Used to go almost every year. I really like the numbered stairs, too. Even if you didn’t have kids, it would still be kind of fun. Maybe it’s because I quietly count stairs anytime I’m walking up or down them.