under $100: table lamps

one of the guides you guys have been requesting the most lately is a guide to all things affordable lighting. seeing as that’s a fairly broad range of products i thought i’d kick things off with a guide to affordable table lamps, all under $100. i’ll be tackling affordable pendant lamps and chandeliers next, so stay tuned for that. until then, here are 35+ great options for affordable table lamps on the market.

[image above, clockwise from top left: dottie mini task lamp $39, funny bunny lamp $48, liberty of london for target lampshade (this sold out this morning, sign up for updates at the link provided), mad desk lamp $69.95, neon fawn lamp $48, eva desk lamp $20, cupstack lamp $99, coal flower lamp $88, table lantern $45, purple damask stick lamp $16.99, pewter table lamp $84.95, coral lamp $99, meridian table lamp $70 and up, crane desk lamp $99.95]

[image above, clockwise from top left: eva colored glass lamp $99, nouveau floral lamp $95, round uplight table lamp $59, woven decorative lights $99 and up]

CLICK HERE for the full 35+ lamp roundup after the jump!

[image above, clockwise from top left: edison lamp $96, barn owl lamp $100, artesia buffet lamp $50 (could be used for a low side table), brentwood lamp base $100]

[image above: light in shining armor $59 each]

[image above, clockwise from top left: cork lamp + shade $95, double dot shade and lamp $75, sphere table lamp $99 each, hi-light task lamp $79]

[image above, left to right: 2nd shadow light $95, eclipse lamp $93.50]

[image above, clockwise from top left: small floral lamp $99, kulla lamp $49.99, cheese grater light $75, black and silver lamp $35, dane table lamp $99.95, pharmacy table lamp $44.99, hobnail glass lamp $69.99, elemis table lamp $80.95]

1. Jamie says:

Anyone looking for some brightly colored fun table lamps should check out HomeGoods … they currently a great selection.

2. Julie Wolfson says:

Wow- so many great choices- and perfect timing- I need a new one for my bedroom. I think the eva glass one may be perfect.

3. puddle says:

sorry, i’m not great at this, but i can’t figure out one of them: the flowered one in the top picture, to the left of the bunny, above the coral.
    help, please?

4. Tara says:

Hi, in the very first set, I can’t find the link for the lamp underneath the bunny lamp and above the coral lamp, directly next to the words “table lamp”…. am i missing it?

5. Molly says:

These are great! I would love to see this for floor lamps…I’m having such a hard time finding one that would work in my studio!

6. Stephanie S. says:

okay, seriously I think we are psychically linked. Lately I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect ‘unique’ table lamp for my living room. I left Home Goods & Target yesterday with 4 lamps, trying to decide which worked best. I’ll have to check out some of these before making my final decision.

7. These are amazing. I’m totally into that bunny lamp!!

8. I love the Liberty of London lamp from Target. I can’t believe how fast that line has sold out! It’s really kind of a bummer.

9. momo says:

i think there’s a link missing (for the lamp i like best!). it’s in the first (top of the post) grouping. the cylindrical one with the flower shade (to the left of the bunny lamp). can you help Grace? thanks!!!

1. grace says:

mom

i already added it, it’s the meridian lamp :)

g

10. Chroma Lab says:

We bought that Liberty of London lampshade on Sunday and paired it with a vintage base. This is a great selection!

11. julia says:

yea – I pretty much despise most of the lighting fixtures in our house. But we also don’t have a lot of tables so most table-top lamps are out. Which sucks because so many of these are great.

12. Courtney says:

I just bought the pink fawn lamp last week. Now to find an inexpensive aluminum side table to sit it on, and I will be ecstatic!

Awesome roundup of lamps!

13. Sue says:

I just picked up my Liberty of London lampshade yesterday. It’s sold out online but may still be available in the store.

Love the bunny lamp!

14. Alissa says:

These are all spectacular! I kind of want them all except that a) it would cost more than $100 and b) I don’t have enough room in my house for 35+ lamps.

15. Flocos says:

How about this great IKEA table lamp? Just bought one for me and I am loving it.

It’s simple and it’s mouth blown which makes every single one unique.

And check out the price!
    Mine is on my bedside table and the light is bright enough for me to read whilst not too bright so to wake partner up.

16. Sandy says:

we have something in common.. we both have the liberty of london lamp in our posts today! =)

17. claire says:

Wonderful! I am borderline obsessed with brightly colored task lamps, so this is right up my alley. Those Hi-light task lamps are very nice alternatives to similar lamps I’ve seen that are super pricey.

18. excellent–thank you!

19. Thank you for this – I am especially looking forward to the pendant lights post and I have paper lanterns in all my rooms here because I have yet to see a pendant that I like and can afford at the same time!

Our occasional lamps downstairs are peppermint green original Jielde lamps that my husband bought and I have a reproduction one upstairs from Restoration Hardware that I got a few years ago before we found the real thing in Paris.

20. Erena says:

Just wanted to say LOVE the orange cheese grater lamp! how cools is that?!!

21. Kathryn says:

This is a great round-up! The Crane desk lamp is my favorite, but that cheese grater lamp is hilarious.

22. Hrhkat says:

I love all those lamps, im such a lamp junky. If I could have a collection of anything it would be lamps, I can appreciate all lamps from all eras, such a great selection! fun fun, you need a lamp of the day post….just a beautiful lamp…everyday…

23. Neaner says:

Wow. Great roundup of lamps! I especially love the transparent Eva lamps from Pottery Barn. And the rabbit lamp. Totally different styles, but I love them both! Also, Jamie is totally right. Homegoods is a great place for affordable modern table lamps (and a bunch of other things). It’s just a bummer that you can’t shop Homegoods online!

24. OMG, your mom’s “handle” is MOMO? How charming. I can’t get my mom to look at my blog more than once in a great while :) BTW, Why I actually clicked on this post is to comment on what a great round-up this is and that I’ve been looking really hard for a swing-arm lamp like that in a fun color. Thanks!

1. grace says:

katie

that’s not my mom.

g

25. Egads– have I waited too late to check out the Liberty of London at Target? Eek, I’ll scoot by Target this weekend and see what’s left :) I love the bunny and deer lamps– so sweet! :)

1. grace says:

tricia

they were selling out online as i was typing up the guide- insane!

g

26. emily b says:

Perfect timing! I’ve been searching in vain for the perfect vintage-inspired desk lamp in cool candy colors. I just bought one of the PB Teen ones, thanks to your post. Woo!

27. Letha says:

So, do you get paid by these companies when someone orders by clicking on your site – like PPC – that Google does? Does anyone have experiences to share? Is there another “place” that does that besides Google?

1. grace says:

letha

absolutely not. i don’t accept money for posts, don’t put in shopping links that i get revenue from, and don’t participate in affiliate programs. i’m not a fan of seeing that on any site, especially not mine.

are you looking for reviews of the products? you could try amazon or thisnext.com for actual owner-feedback.

grace

28. Letha says:

Have just discovered you site and I am LOVING it! Have it bookmarked!

29. Nina says:

what about those of us who are poor? couldn’t you have “under $50″ categories?

1. grace says:

Nina

There are plenty of items under $50 in most under $100 posts, but I find it too limiting to under $50 for everything because then you end up having to buy poorly made plastic items a lot of the time, depending on the topic.

If this price point is too high I would suggest trying used shops and thrift stores for great used designs (and eBay.) at a lower cost.

I don’t want DS to become so focused on low costs that we lose site of supporting indie and handmade artists-whose work is often more expensive because of the time put into their pieces.

$100 may seem like a lot sometimes but I think it’s often a better idea to save up for well designed, higher quality pieces, rather than turn to super low cost work, which often forces you to sacrifice quality and craftsmanship.

Grace

30. hirenmodi says:

i like all this lamps but i loved crystal table lamps and traditional table lamps.

31. E says:

I absolutely love lamps and spent a good chunk of my under grad doing design studies of them.
    This is a wonderful post. I especially like how you included such a variety of styles which can compliment multiple room aesthetics.