diy wall decoration

i know it’s not DIY day yet, but i loved these wall decoration projects too much to wait until wednesday. photographer stephanie williams recently shot a lookbook for clothing company ruche that involved creating all sorts of playful backdrops for the clothes. though the final result was a clothing shoot, stephanie loved that the backdrops were so easily translated into fun home decorating or party details, that she sent over a link to ruche’s blog where they actually teach you how to recreate the look (paper flowers + book wallpaper/shelves) in your own home. so if you’re looking for some fun home, party, or diy wedding decorations, click here to check out ruche’s how-tos online. thanks to stephanie for the tip!

[photography by stephanie williams, art direction by mai from ruche]

1. Ooh I love it!

You know you’re deep into blogging when you dream about blogs. I dreamt about designsponge somewhere between last night and waking up this morning. I dreamt that D*S was redesigned, similar but different, and that there was announcement that there would only be guest bloggers for a full month while you got the new design sorted out. Crazy, huh??

I need to get a life.

1. grace says:

That is too funny! Ironically, we are redesigning and changing the guest blog- but I’m not taking any time off ;)

2. Evielena says:

I love this!! I can’t decide if I like the flowered background or the book pages background. . . . I would have to go with the book pages (I’m a book worm and paper lover!) Thanks for sharing. I love this site! :)

3. bargain bex says:

those walls are too darn pretty for this ‘wordy’ – especially the book pages strewn across so beautifully and haphazardly.

4. White Cabana says:

Excellent! Gorgeous! I’m so glad you didn’t wait until Wednesday to post this! I adore those flowers!

5. Danielle says:

love those flowers! even if you didn’t cover the whole wall, i bet a few of them in a cluster would create a beautiful focal piece on an accent wall.

6. ClaraAnne says:

Les fleurs, I love the paper flowers, this is exactly the project I need for my blank wall. Very romantic.

7. das. says:

The flowery wall is terrific..i did similar thing with the book papers wall with newspaper instead. You can also try next time…haha

8. Kristi says:

These are fabulous…I love both of them. And what a fun idea for not only taking pictures but as decorating…I know my daughter would love the flowers in her room. ♥

9. sophia says:

this is my wallpaper right now!! I download it last week and i love it because the colors are soft and calm :)

10. Snoh White says:

This reminds me of the displays over the holiday season at Anthropologie.

11. Amanda says:

I really want to wallpaper with book pages now. Oh, this is great.

12. Sara(Mrs.B.) says:

My daughter’s college roommate has papered her side of the room with Jane Eyre, very romantic.

13. Karen June says:

Anyone having any luck finding that gorgeous yellow handbag on their site? Thanks!

14. youngmi says:

i love the clothes but i think i love the photo with the books more :)

15. Maggie O. says:

Is the model in the Ruche pics that model from last season’s Project Runway. The one who left early to do the Arby’s commercial?

16. Jake says:

Wow! Interesting!

17. That is a great inexpensive way to add some life to a wall. Good stuff!

18. Wall decors happen to be incredible options to add to the décor of your home. Confer an overall make over to your home with the aid of online wall decors.

19. Selena says:

I love that flower wall. It is aesthetic.