Attractive food from Sweden

I have siblings who live in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Me and my family try to go visit them every year. It feels a bit like my second home and I get so much inspiration from our visits there.
One thing I really love about being in the US is grocery shopping. I enjoy walking up and down the aisles filled with the colorful and fun products.

So for today’s post I will show you Americans (and other folks to of course) some Swedish grocery, maybe you will find them as interesting as I find yours.

I added some models from an old sewing book to spice up my photos. And I like them so much I think I will keep them in my pantry for that extra spice all week long.

Smaklig spis
/Jenny

CLICK HERE for 5 more images of beautiful Swedish grocery packaging….

1. Jess says:

Fantastic! I have a shelf in my kitchen dedicated to unusual or beautiful food packaging and the supermarket is always the first place I visit when I arrive in foreign climes. Love it – and the photography is so sweet.

2. swooooon

I love this post. Food and design, two of my favorite things. :) xo

3. Mathilde says:

Don’t know what I like most : products or silhouettes ?

4. Bess says:

I was just on holiday last week visiting my family in Turku, Finland. One of my perhaps odd to them requests was to head to the grocery store to fill up my basket with ginger snaps, dark bread and herring, and of course to bask in all the gorgeous Scandinavian food packaging. great post ;)

5. Aaron says:

Well, well. Greetings from a reader in Lincoln, Nebraska!

Those products are lovely, especially the Finneröd(…). Fortunately for us, more and more American companies are starting to turn a more classic design eye back towards their products.

6. This is so cute! And even though I’ve lived in Sweden for three years this food still looks exotic to me.

7. Karen says:

I *love* this! What a great way to start the morning. I love the woman holding the ropes on top of the Himalayan salt–as if she just climbed the Himalayas of salt mountains! Fantastic.

8. Dora says:

I would like some of that Amerikansk please :D

9. Amy Cox says:

I think that I love little models sitting on groceries. Very very cute.

10. bargain bex says:

what a clever, clever girl you are! i love the nod to all things vintage-y here with the swedish products. they are all so pretty – i just want to have shelves and shelves of them to display in my humble abode! :)

11. Donna says:

Love it. I always make a point of getting to the grocery store when I travel overseas. I collect tins and containers. It a great place to get gifts for friends and I always bring back “foreign” looking cookies for my coworkers.

12. I love this! One of my favorite things to do when in another country (or even different parts of my own country) is to go to a grocery store and walk down the aisles, looking at all the packaging. I like it as much as going to a museum!

13. Amdy says:

As a swede myself, this is everyday life. I have the falksalt, the bregott, the american dressing, the kalles kaviar and so on… but never thought much of it. i guess someone needs to tell you that something is beautiful before you know it yourself.

14. sk says:

What a fun post! I love the little paper dolls, and the styling. Swedish stuff is gorgeous! I especially am swooning over that salt package…

15. Syndi says:

This post has me smiling. I too love going to the grocery store and markets when traveling. But I especially like the Original Amerikanks Dressing. LOL!
    Great pictures! Why don’t you takes us to the flower market next?

16. Nicole says:

I love this! Thank you for making me smile today and for pointing out something I’ve never payed any attention to!

17. Zelda says:

This was a fun post to read through and very clever as I often talk about the packaging look of foods here.