Welcome, Suann Song

Thanks, Grace, for inviting me to guest blog! I’m thrilled to be here. I’m Suann of SIMPLESONG Design a small design and letterpress studio based in Northern Virginia. This week I’m going to share bits of my favorite things including letterpress printing, minimalist design, and a couple of kid-inspired posts as much of my world revolves around our 3-year-old son, Ike.

To start I thought I’d give a brief background on me and my business.

Started in 2008, SIMPLESONG is based on my love for simple, minimal designs and letterpress printing. My business model has always been do good work, do what I love and have a focused niche. And I’ve been really fortunate to do just that and have a growing business.

In 2010 I’m planning a lot of new things and to begin, SIMPLESONG will be moving on as a home-based business and into a shared studio space with personal friends and business collaborators, Kate Headley Photography and Ritzy Bee Events. We’re taking a unique approach to our shared space by continuing to operate independently but establishing a “creative studio”, called The Hive at 1511.

This space will be used as our respective offices but will also serve as a creative destination where we’ll host boutique-style workshops. Anything from learning the art of letterpress to detailing your wedding to learning how to use a Holga camera for your honeymoon. We just signed our lease and plan to open doors in the coming months. We’re really excited about this and if you’re interested, you can follow our progress here.

Thanks again, Grace, for having me. I look forward to sharing more throughout the week!

[photography by Kate Headley]

1. Meghan says:

Welcome, Suann! Love your work.

2. So excited to see you here dear Suann! I am so excited about your “hive” venture & can’t wait to see the rest of your posts over here on DS. YAY!

3. jane says:

congratulations, suann! looking forward to this week :)

4. Cyd says:

So glad you’re guest blogging this week, Suann! So excited to see what you have in store.

5. Wow, I so love the idea of having a creative studio with friends! Maybe someday… :) Congratulations!

6. Jade says:

Suann, I can’t wait to take a letterpress class with you! So glad you are in NOVA too! Congrats on new venture!

7. Erin says:

Will your workshops travel?? Please come to Seattle! :)

8. Goannatree says:

Congratulations! What an exciting time for you. I love the letterpress work. Beautiful.

9. So great to see Suann blogging here!

10. greybreaks says:

love your work. good luck with the new space!

11. hooray… so happy to see you here… new studio sounds fantastic… good luck!

12. Jack says:

Very beautiful… Excellent work..
    keep on going cool.

13. hadley says:

suann is so inspiring. we asked her to be a guest editor, giving us ideas and tips for children’s birthday parties!