under $100: vases

i bought myself a little bouquet of flowers from nicolette‘s flower brooklyn flower stand this past weekend and found myself wandering the house, unsuccessfully, for the perfect vase to hold them. i settled on my favorite pickle jar, but found myself wishing i’d had something a little more grown-up to house them. i’m all for using jars for flowers (it’s what i do most times), but every now and then it’s nice to have something special to pull out for a change. so i thought i’d go through my favorite shops to find great vases, all under $100. normally bud vases, etc are well under $100, but handmade vases can really get up there, so i’ve done my best to make sure all of the handmade options are under $100. so if you’d like to support an independent artist with your vase purchase, there are plenty of great ideas in here to help you with that- on a budget. enjoy!

*click here for more under $100 roundups

[image above, clockwise from top left: trophy vase $65, perch vase $64, arbor trunk vase $24.99, bomb vase $52, farm vases $1.99 each, coral vase $14.95, black vase cover $15 (love this), hanging flower vases $28, breakers vase $69.95, vase breakfast tray $92, carnaby vase $48, lab vase $19.13, persimmon vases $32+, ingenus vase $9.95, carnaby vase $68, tank u bud vase $75]

CLICK HERE for the rest of the roundup after the jump!

[image above, clockwise from top left: aluminum vases $19+, hawthorne vase $88, wooden vases $15+, opal vases $19+]

[image above, clockwise from top left: galvanized bud vase set $29, bunny vases $38+, siri vases $58+]

[image above, clockwise from top left: lorena barrezueta nuptial vase $110 (worth the extra $10), rustic white vases $29+, alyssa ettinger porcelain milk bottle vases $30]

[image above, clockwise from top left: shelf vase $38 at etsy, earth white vessel $50 at etsy, chalkboard vase $27, signe vase $110 (worth the extra $10, karin’s work is lovely in person)]

[image above, clockwise from top left: metals and petals vase $20, yumiko vase $30, heath ceramics vase $80, carnaby vase $68]

[image above, clockwise from top left: tine k vase $15, set of 2 bird vases $27, sweetheart vase $30, transglass vase $60, tina frey vase $100]

1. Alessandra says:

Fell in love with the rabbits one…
    I constantly visit your blog, now I’m tripping over terrariums!!

2. Fun! That puts me in the mood to pull out my container of vases and fill them with flowers!

3. Kate says:

<3 the chalkboard vase + bud vase set!

4. You’ve picked some great vases – it’s always good to see affordable prices too!

5. it’s under $100… if there’s a store with collection like this, i’ll emptied my wallet so fast! :D

6. kari says:

love that font in the main image… anyone know what it is?

7. Oh, lovely!!! As a florist I’ve been looking for some extra special vases. I love the Jonathan Adler yellow one for spring – must have!

8. Nicole says:

The yellow tray with the built-in vase is brilliant! Perfect for all kinds of food in bed :D

9. megan says:

Excellent post, what a great resource. I especially love the galvanized bud vase set from Pottery Barn. Thank you for finding reasonable prices!

10. Tessa says:

hi grace, these are great – just think of the possibilities with spring around the corner!

i didn’t see a link for the yellow shelf and mason jar, do you know where that came from? love it!

11. Great post, I love these! I tend to find the best and most of all cheapest vases from thrift stores.

12. Lindsey says:

I Love the Chalkboard Vases–those would be a very unique teacher gift! Definitely have a TON of vases to choose from-glad to see Target in the mix!

13. Meredith says:

Alright, I love about a million of them, but the one that immediately caught my eye: how sweet is that little yellow breakfast tray? Great idea.

14. Ariel says:

Love the round up!! I have the Hawthorne vase from Horne holding a branch from a magnolia tree as we speak… er type. It’s sooo beautiful.

15. I love that tray vase so much! Super cute. I also love the milk bottle vases!

16. Love all the inspiration and any of these would be perfect to have at a wedding. Super Cute!

17. LG says:

18. Beth says:

I love the vases! What about an under $100 mirror round up?

1. grace says:

i did a mirror roundup a while back, but they’re tough to find under $100. i’ll see if i can find an update ;)

19. Deborah says:

I love the galvanized bud vase, but Pottery Barn no longer has them available. Would love a sub.
    The Rug Designer’s Studio

20. visualingual says:

I love this roundup! I’ll just humbly add a bud vase that my own studio has just completed, with a pattern that’s inspired by the ornamentation on the 19th century buildings in our neighborhood. It’s in our Etsy store.

21. Alissa says:

These are all FABULOUS! There’s no excuse for giving flowers in an ugly vase that looks like it came free from 1-800 flowers!

1. grace says:

agreed. those tall glass ones are my least favorite.

that said, i actually use the MS flowers section of 1800 flowers a lot when i don’t know a good local florist for someone. you can request pretty quite silver mint julep vases or sometimes decorative white bamboo/caning vases that are pretty decent.

22. CLK says:

Great round up! The vases I liked the best are the ones that don’t seem to have any info (as LG noted). Can you put up a link, please?

LG said: February 17th, 2010 – 8:58 am
    “Love this! Curious about the four little vases in the fifth photo…black, terra cotta, white, & ivory…there’s no info about them. Any idea where they’re from? Thanks!”

1. grace says:

hi guys!

sorry i missed them, they’re here:

$39.99 each

23. Liz says:

Have you done a wall clock roundup? I searched but I couldn’t find it.

1. grace says:

yep, it’s in the product guide section :)

it’s a bit old, so i’ll add it to my list to update soon.

24. kyley says:

while these are charming, and i appreciate that you have a variety of prices here, the “vases for under $100” subject is a bit bothersome to me. I mean, vases aren’t something I’m hard pressed to find for under $100, you know? My favorite vase was 50 cents at a church fair.

I’d love to see these round-ups around a price/item pairing that was more helpful/thrifty.

1. grace says:

did you read my intro? i addressed this issue clearly and explained that i would try to focus on handmade vases as much as possible- which are normally well above $0.50 cent prices. yes, you can buy fleamarket items for cheap prices- and we whole-heartedly support that. but these roundups are designed to show you something different- something handmade or something special- beyond the obvious “oh i could buy that for $1 at my flea market”

25. Grace says:

I always need new resources for finding vases and this post made it so very easy. Thanks for the info.
    I love the variety of pieces. They inspire me to use them in new projects. Love the siri vases the most!!!