living in: groundhog day

by

Did anyone even care about groundhog day before Bill Murray came along? Uhh… no. This little movie has done more good for the second of February than even a million weather forecasting mammals combined. Groundhog Day has been in my top 10 since elementary school, so three cheers for best darn holiday in February.

alarm clock $12, rosebud boutonniere $2, top hat $58, microphone $104, I’m sorry, try as you might, you cannot buy a real groundhog online, briefcase $206, scarf $65.

If I had to relive a single day on repeat, I hope I’d get Bill Murray by my side, preferably in small town Pennsylvania- replete with diners, snowstorms and donuts. Do you think it’s too late to put out a call for a hand sculpted snow statue of my face this evening? Mr. Murray? Are you out there? -amy m.

wall clock $33, cake stand $36, sugar pourer $3.50, napkin dispenser $10, donuts, creamer $5, wooden chair $70, table $188, diner mug $5.

1. “….try as you might, you cannot buy a real groundhog online…”

This 13″ puppet would do the trick through!

GROUNDHOG PUPPET – $19.99
    FolkmanisĀ® Hand Puppets

2. Julie says:

watched Groundhog Day on Groundhog Day! Had never seen it and probably wouldn’t have sans your post. I loved it!! Added it to one of my favorites!

3. stacey says:

so awesome.

4. msd says:

One of the TV stations in Australia just did a cute thing in their evening news report. They reported on Groundhog Day …. and then the story started all over again, eventually repeating itself three times. People watching the news who hadn’t seen the movie would have been bewildered but I had a good laugh.

5. Vivi says:

I really LOVE this movie!!!

6. DMC says:

I love your “Living in:”!

Hope someday you’ll do one Living in: Harry Potter; I thing would be very interesting :)

7. Taylor says:

I love that movie!!! We watched it a gazzillion times. Just logged on to your blog:) love it. Very beautiful!

8. KarenT says:

I was a set designer on “Ground Hog Day”. The house was real, but we added the archway and picket fence, the diner was an empty storefront, we added the counter and plate rail, we built the bedroom and staircase in the b&b on stage. We had to add ice crystal snow and the tree buds were coming out because we were shooting so late in the spring!

9. Sarah says:

yes, you need to do the royal tannenbaum’s! it’s such a perfect choice that i had convinced myself you had already done it and was looking for it earlier today.