litill terrariums

amy and i took a trip to terrain last friday to stock up on green things, so i’ve got terrariums on the brain. so i was excited to hear from lauren at litill about these beautiful terrariums they’re selling. the glass structures themselves are a wide variety of organic shapes- the perfect structures for housing tiny growing things. litill makes 9 different types of terrariums, ranging in price from $125-$375. so if you’re looking to have a tiny garden delivered to your door, click here to check out litill’s collection and place an order. [thanks, lauren!]

*click here to watch tassy from sprout home show us how to make a terrarium from the soil up!

1. Tracey says:

Grace, Did the people at Terrain say anything about a store opening in Paramus, NJ? I know there was talk about it in the fall but I haven’t heard anthing since. Thanks!

1. grace says:

i think they’re looking to expand, but i don’t think they’ve settled on a location yet, at least not that i’ve heard. when i met with their team and pr people in december they mentioned a few places, but i didn’t think anything had been decided.

2. Oh my Goodness! I love these, and I want them hanging from my ceiling.

3. Amy - No.15 says:

These are lovely! I was just thinking about doing something with air-plants and some living rocks.

4. jessica says:

i love those! they look so amazing! i would love to have one someday.

5. How can you not love little terrariums? It continues on my obsession with all things miniature!

6. Terraniums are so beautiful, love them.

7. hani says:

I’m a big fan of terrariums, but there’s something about these that skeeves me out a bit. They look like something that would be growing out of a character in Avatar.

8. i love those terrariums! i was already planning on making one this afternoon, now i really can’t wait!

9. bargain bex says:

why is everything so much more appealing in miniature form? ;)

10. I should add that I really like the simplicity the white sand/soil brings to the terrarium. It’s a nice diversion from the norm!

11. Kristin Eva says:

Is Lítill an Icelandic company? Because Lítill means small in Icelandic.

12. elra says:

Absolutely beautiful!

13. Lorraine says:

Very cute! The price is kind of out there, though.

14. Adrienne says:

do they come with the knit hanger thingy?

1. grace says:

15. Sarahfina says:

what is the sand/soil they use?

16. Elisabet says:

Kristín Eva:
    That is just what I was wondering. The site also has other Icelandic words on it like lykt, mjög and drög.
    They don’t tell you their background, though, and it does say that their shop is in Portland, Oregon. So maybe not.

17. Stacey says:

i feel just one thing and that is very thing is asking me “come get me” really superb post

18. Terri says:

I love. love, love Terrain! They offer the coolest classes and activities, too. Tomorrow night is a vertical gardening class. Come to Philly and make a weekend of it!

19. Cheryl Coleman says:

Am soooo proud of my daughter’s Litill terrain designs. She has created something alive and beautiful just like she is. It’s inspiring to to look at them and watch them grow day after day…

20. venevento says:

i will like to buy the hand blown vessels, without the plants.only the vessel. its for a manufacturer bussiness for an exhibition..
    thanks please help me!!