diy project: sweet nothings mini megaphone

[today i’m thrilled to welcome a new diy contributor to the d*s team: halligan norris! you may remember halligan’s house tour or adorable circus-themed wedding from last year. she’s brimming with talent & creativity and i’m thrilled to have her as part of our little family. welcome, halligan!]

Flirty words are always better when you know you are being heard! To be sure your sweetheart hears your quiet words of love this Valentines Day, make a mini megaphone just for whispering sweet nothings. Simply print out your template, cut out the mini mega phone shape, glue along the dotted flap, bend out your finger handle, and find a friend or a lover to say something sweet to.

CLICK HERE for the downloadable megaphone template and how-to steps after the jump!

Sweet Nothings Mini Megaphone

Cost: $1.00 or less!

TIme: 10 minutes including drying

Steps:

1. Download the template and print on card stock or regular paper (*the template is a large file so give it a moment or two to start downloading*)

2. Cut out mini megaphone outline

3. Curl paper to form cone shape

4. Put bead of glue along edge behind dotted line

5. Glue opposite edge along dotted line and let dry (clothes pins may be useful to hold in place)

6. Find someone to whisper something nice to

1. Yipe! How exciting! I adore everything Halligan creates! I look forward to seeing her projects! You pick the best, Grace! xoxo

2. ginnybranch stelling says:

yes ma’am- hot dang! it’s about time i see miss halligan on this! woo hoo!

3. Oh sweet halligan! everything she touches is wonderful wonderful wonderful!

4. That is so darn cute I can hardly stand it!

5. Emily Russell says:

Is any one able to open and print the template? I can’t get it to open… :(

6. Haylie says:

my all time fav. craft partner!! this girl has some mad skills up her sleeve & i am SO HAPPY she has joined the d*sponge DIY team. i look forward to future projects she thinks up & shares here. way to go HALLIGAN! also, i can’t wait to whisper sweet nothings into the ears of someone special with my baby megaphone.
    xo

7. Malia says:

Emily, it opened and printed just fine for me. Good luck, ‘cuz this is so cute.

8. margaret says:

So cute! This takes me back to my Asics cheer shoes and high curly pigtails tied with ribbon – thanks d*sponge and halligan!

9. David says:

These are awesome! I printed a few for my nieces to make. They’re having a blast! Thanks!

10. so adorable… would be great for wedding speeches!!

11. Laura Sue says:

Yay, Halli!! This is exciting :)

12. amy m says:

yay! halli!!! I can’t wait to see what other adorable projects your crafty brain cooks up!

13. Eleanor says:

Halli!! Petey and I are looking at this cutie post together right now. I love seeing your pretty face in the photo!! Let’s hang out soon…

14. Andrea says:

The template doesn’t come up any more. I really would like to use this. Its so cute!

1. grace says:

andrea

the template is still working it- i just tested it on a few browsers. it’s rather large, so make sure you give it about 30-45 seconds to show up. also, make sure you’re using the latest version of firefox, chrome, safari, or opera. IE doesn’t always play well with d*s.

grace

15. karapanda says:

template link deosn’t work: Page Not Found

1. grace says:

karapanda

this will be updated and fixed soon…

g

1. grace says:

hi guys

the template is back up now :)

grace

16. Denise says:

The link seems to be broken.

17. Julie says:

Thanks for sharing the megaphone template, I was looking for something easy for a preschool craft to celebrate New Year’s Day. I love that it’s mini, it’ll be just right!

18. Jenny Lorimer says:

Can I still get this? Link doesn’t seem to work!