before & after: lexie’s kitchen + victoria’s bench

it’s before & after day! this is increasingly one of my favorite days on d*s. i’m always so inspired by what you all send over. to start us off, here is lexie‘s beautiful kitchen remodel. new paint, butcherblock countertops, and a backsplash completed the look and now the kitchen feels fresh and modern. great work, lexie! read more about the project here.

[have a before & after you’d like to share on d*s? just shoot me an email right here with your images (low res, please).]

CLICK HERE for victoria’s mid-century bench makeover after the jump!

up next is victoria‘s fun telephone table/bench makeover. new paint and fabric give this mid-century beauty a modern facelift. click here to see more of victoria’s furniture rehab furniture projects…

1. I adore how she kept the scalloped edge in the original colour – it looks so great against the sage. Beautiful before & after!

2. Nadia says:

Outstanding redo Lexie!! I can’t wait to see more work from you! Love the yellow chalkboard.

3. lexie says:

Trish: the chalkboard was a converted mirror i found at old time pottery. i spray painted the frame and painted the mirror with chalkboark paint. easy!

4. Elie's Papel says:

That kitchen makes me want a new one so badly because mine is a bit small especially for all the baking i’m doing for my cookie business!

5. lionqueen says:

love the range hood!

6. Claire says:

Oh I love Victoria’s bench!!! That gal does some amazing transformations! Check out her blog!

7. Lisa says:

Amazing job it went from looking like a dingy cottage to a bright warm kitchen, definitely feeling the love there. I also love the scalloped hood, and love that you kept the flooring. Your colour choices are spot on, this is truly what a makeover is; using what you have and making the things that blended in ~ shine!

8. Lisa says:

could some one please paste Lexie’s site I can’t seem to connect.

1. amya says:

hi lisa – the link is working on my end, but it is:

9. Shane Shine says:

I love your gorgeous kitchen makeover! It is so bright and pretty now! I don’t think the flooring detracts, but if you want an easy fix my mom painted hers with normal latex gloss paint and it looks fab in charcoal grey. She has to repaint about every 3 years. Thanks for sharing! :)

10. cb says:

I would love to see a brighter flooring, but this transformation is already great enough!

11. cara says:

I have to say- i love the old wooden cabinets with the hardware. But then again maybe they just remind me of my grandmother’s house? The after is amazing and lovely though.

12. Alicia says:

I agree. the old kitchen was much cooler and retro.