before & after: lauren’s table + meg’s bathroom

today’s final before & afters (stay tuned for a great “black heart” themed floral post from studio choo at 1!) come from d*s readers lauren, nick, and meg. lauren and nick run second coat design in boston and recently had one of their projects featured in the globe! they walked globe readers through the step-by-step how-to and i couldn’t resist sharing the before & after shots here. i’d be proud to have that little mustard yellow beauty in my home. great work, you two!

[have a before & after you’d like to share on d*s? just shoot me an email right here with your images (low res, please).]

next up is meg from elsie marley who decided to makeover her home’s bathroom. the previous owners had removed the bathroom tile, leaving an ugly peach plastic behind and a layer of glue. so meg managed to plaster and sand (and plaster and sand again) until the surface was smooth. after repainting the walls, meg replaced the pedestal sink and storage units. vintage boxes and an old first aid kit were used to store toiletries and magazines. i love the redo and beautiful wall color- great work, meg!

1. angie says:

I love that deep teal in the bathroom! what is it? thanks so much for sharing. *a

2. Patrick says:

It never ceases to amaze me what some elbow grease and a few coats of paint will do. I love both of them.

3. ayla says:

I sn’t it amazing how in that bathroom the whole scale is changed? The way they’ve cut through the room with the white and teal creates so much interest; exactly what I like to see in any room!

4. amazing!!!! really…stunning!

5. Anna says:

The teal is fab! Please please tell what it is!!!

6. meg says:

UPDATE! I found the paint color: it’s called Realm and it’s by Behr. Thanks everyone, for all the kind words.
    -meg

7. Susannah says:

once again, the makeovers were astounding–the little mustard table looks so *designer” and the bathroom
    is crisp and much larger now! Great job!

8. Lyla says:

Wow I just bought this color from home depot… and I mean WOW great color find… and I was buried in color swatches! I am also using it for a stripes pattern behind my headboard!

9. Barbara says:

Just found “Realm” in my Behr paint deck! All the colors in that chip are gorgeous, thanks for sharing and great work!

10. Sandy says:

I can’t thank you enough for finding that paint color Meg! I have been searching for the right blue for days!! It’s perfect, perfect!