soap studiooos + paulova

lately i’ve lost my zeal for pillows (in exchange for a new obsession with throws) but i really got a kick out of these playful chair-top pillows from brooklyn designer marianne van ooij. i’d actually love to see these as slipcover (backs-only) that you could use for events. it would be such a fun way to transform generic rental chairs into a fun new look (printed in custom colors even?). in the meantime, you can pick up one of marianne’s playful new pillows right here for $35.

over the break i finally started cooking again and found myself loving a little antique salt cellar i picked up at a junk shop in brooklyn. it’s a tiny fragile piece, so when i eventually break it (as i tend to do with anything small and breakable) i’m eyeing these sturdier designs from paula lopez otero at etsy. her hand thrown salt cellars are so sweet, and are right in my price range, under $25 each. click here for more info and to pick up a set.

1. Michelle says:

hhehehe, such cute pillows!

2. christen says:

LOVE those pillows! so clever!

3. Elie's Papel says:

absolutely gorgeous!!! very creative way to give a chair a new look!!!

4. erin says:

ha! love the pillows.

5. Shanon says:

Those pillows are genius. =)

6. Rachel says:

I love the salt & pepper cellars, they make those basic seasonings all the more accessible.

7. Rachel says:

I love the salt & pepper cellars

8. Vebosh says:

nice pillows! so creative and cute!

9. marianne says:

Thanks Grace, for the suggestion of the covers. Such a good idea! I will definitely explore it. If it works out I will post them on my Etsy site. Thanks!

10. Marleen Madou says:

I love the paulova work. So stylish and modern looking.