past & present: tartan (part 2) shopping roundup!

Tartan Round-Up

With all this tartan talk, I’ve begun noticing tartan everywhere! And although a little plaid goes a long way, here are a few of my favorites!

[image above: long plaid chain necklace $19.99, tartan tape shade $128, audrey wallpaper £35. antique tartan print $120, henning sofa $3,998, ralph lauren chair $649, set of 6 coasters $14. 95, converse sneakers $44.80, brockhampton knob $2.95, laugharne blanket £71.00]

[image above: vintage plaid stamp sign $75]

[image above: tartan dessert plates $48, computer case $107.50, plates memo tray $9.99, tartan baubles bracelet $28 matteo scarf $60, tartan playing cards £5.99, plaid steamer truck $84.59, plaid locket $26.00 throw blanket $70]

[image above: throw pillows £34.00]

1. jHill says:

i love this post series + love all the tartan!

2. julianna says:

Nice price on the Macy’s/Ralph chair — altho I’ve gone to Macy’s twice thinking I’ll buy some advertised furniture only to find out the quality isn’t up to snuff when I get there. I wonder if Ralph’s stuff is any good

3. katie says:

Love this post! If you’re in Chicago and love some plaid, you must stop by Brimfield in Andersonville. You’ll be amazed by their selection.

4. Lynne says:

I just spotted an affordable and lovely tartan throw in Muji – can’t see it online but it’s new and is yellow, green and brown – really lovely.

5. Kimberly says:

Since you listed the Converse, I’d like to point out that Gap has some fabulous tartar ballet flats. I’m wearing them in green right now :) I got them on sale for $20!!

6. Kimberly says:

Erm, that should say tartan, not tartar. Hahaha!

7. mari anne says:

ok– I’m gonna go out on a limb here— I think I’m gonna pass on the plaid– especially the big, stuffed plaid chairs. But you all go ahead…..I wore plaid for 12 years from1st grade to 12th and I swore then, and I’ll swear now, I ain’t EVAH touchin’ the stuff again! Certainly not on my furniture.

8. Bethany says:

Ack. LOVE that lamp shade!

9. grace says:

Oh yeah! I”m a tartan girl, myself. Love it, although I don’t have any around the house at all.

10. Kirsty says:

Speaking of tartan for the home… I was admiring the new tartan flor tiles in the recent catalog. I wish it came in more colorways…

11. Jane says:

Great Post. On January 25th Scotland celebrates its national poet, Robbie Burns.

12. alyson says:

I got those tartan dessert plates for the holidays and haven’t been able to bring myself to put them away yet. I love them!

13. Meegan says:

I love all of this tartan…does anyone know of anyone that sells online get tartan/plaid rugs?

14. Ilaria says:

Love this tartan roundup. And the orange chair on the light blue wall (I’ve the same color combination in my living room)

15. Carolina says:

this series has inspired my new sofa line! thank you so much for constantly giving me inspiration!

16. Asieh says:

I bought the trunk for my husband and he totally loved it! Thanks

17. Amy says:

I second the rec for Brimfield in Chicago. Meegan, you might call Julie and ask her about rugs. If anyone would know where to find a plaid rug, she would. Her specialty is upholstering vintage furniture in vintage Pendelton wool. Lots and lots of creative works–like covering every button on a tufted armchair in a different plaid. Here’s a review of her store in a plaid-lovers blog: