parliament portland

well hello, office of my dreams. scot at parliament sent over a link to his company’s amazing portland, oregon office and i have been trying to find my jaw on the ground ever since. not only does the parliament office seem to be jam-packed with beautiful things to look at, but it is also clearly full of some seriously talented people.

parliament is a full service design studio offering a huge range of services in the fields of print, retail, marketing and digital design. i really enjoyed checking out their portfolio, but i found myself drawn back to their actual office design over and over. one of my favorite west coast photographers took these shots- lincoln barbour– and they are as inspiring to me as any home tour. i love all of the rough cut firewood on the walls, the gorgeous work tables and the open, but warm, feel of the space. throw in a tad more girly-ness and it would be my ideal design*sponge headquarters. i’m hoping to visit these guys in person soon, but in the meantime you can check out their work, and where they work, right here. thanks, scot! [all images via the parliament site, photographed by lincoln barbour]

ps: i found the pentagram “what type are you” quiz through the parliament blog. check it out here! (password: character). i’m archer hairline.

CLICK HERE to see the rest of the images after the jump!

1. I definitely want to work in this environment, but the link I shared of the Piet Hein Eek log cabin earlier doesn’t work. The one on Apartment Therapy does, though.

Sorry for the confusion.

2. Lynn Byrne says:

I don’t really like the office decor (sorry), but the quiz is a hoot! I tweeted a link to your site to encourage people to hop over and take the quiz. Best, Lynn

3. Noel Wiggins says:

Beautiful space, unfortunately with the pool table and so many things to look at and treasure, i’m not sure how much work would get done if worked there ;-P

4. Sue says:

the font quiz keeps telling me I entered the wrong password – what am I doing wrong? I want to know what font I am!

5. Sue says:

oh.. nevermind… I see it… duh.

6. jeffrey says:

Cooper Black Italic; and your
    workspace is stunning.

7. chelsy anne says:

I am impressed to find that my font is Dot Matrix, when I debated using it for
    I also love the log touch, one day my husband and I will cover our dining walls in cut logs, one day.

8. maureen says:

architype van doesburg
    i love portland.

9. miss liss says:

marina script . . . definitely me. Thanks for sharing!

10. Alicia says:

Also Archer Hairline, and it’s definitely my favorite. Beautiful office, beautiful work.

11. Rich says:

Portland rocks and so does this office! Very inspirational. Not sure about the flying horse/pegasus (old Mobil Oil logo) unless you are planning a coup against the oil regime. ;-)

12. Chihiro says:

Thanks so much for the info on the red horse, I never realized it was a logo!

13. Dana Downer says:

That untreated wood screams ‘bugs’ to me, and the monitors are positioned for glare.

14. adwoa says:

i’m archer hairline too – a little late to this party, but i loved this post and that test!

15. Jay says:

What kind of pins are being used to hold up the prints on the wall? On a few of the larger pieces, I can’t even picture what I’d use to hold up that much acrylic.

16. wow. so cool. i’d love this to the ssp workspace as well!

17. Katty says:

It did turn out beautiful . . .

I definitely missed my boyfriend, Kyle Sharp, for the several months he worked fabricating the wall installations and desks (out of of old pizza ovens). He loved working for Parliament for their sense of design and style. Can’t wait to see it in person and meet you, Chris!

18. Flavio says:

Really Cool place

19. I absolutely like this kind of office, must be sincere i like vivid colours and would change the black but the mostly “wood style”, some details of big Words, the chairs, the old desk, posters, the silver tubes, the lights, and the wall made with pieces of trunks makes altogether warm and unique, great.

Andrés _from_argentina