make your own chandelier

i’m a huge fan of lindsey adelman‘s work, and count myself among the group of people out there that are slowly saving up money to buy one. until that day comes, i was so thrilled to hear from kate that lindsey has posted a link to a step-by-step guide to creating your own industrial-style chandelier. this made a small run on the blog circuit last week, but i couldn’t resist re-posting because it’s such a great project (and a rarity to see a designer share how-to instructions for something similar their work). just download the instructions here, pick up some parts and create a custom piece to fit your home. awesome. thanks to kate for the tip and to lindsey for sharing.

image via morgan at the brick house

1. greeneryart says:

Hi there, I’ve seen this on the rounds, but I still I think the bottom photo deserves credit.
    It’s done by Morgan at The Brick House:

1. grace says:

thanks for the link- i found it on lindsey’s site and missed the credit. so happy to find it’s morgan! we ran her house last year- it’s a favorite of mine :)

2. Heidi says:

Morgan gives some great details on her DIY approach–she tweaked the instructions a bit and her results are superb.

3. CrowNology says:

I’ve been looking for an alternative to “the usual” for my living room. Now I have it. Thank you!
    (I had a vintage blown glass but I like this better!)

4. claire says:

I am in love!! Totally going to try this…

5. Oh, I would LOVE to try this…

6. jane says:

So generous of the designer! Love it.

7. Ariel Gordon says:

That is such a great DIY project. I think I know what I’ll be doing this weekend.

8. kate says:

Any idea what these parts would cost all together?

9. Great project for sure, but- thinking solely from a business perspective- I question why she didn’t develop it as a budget version of her line. Any thoughts?

10. Taru says:

Ooh thank you for introducing me to Lindsey Adelman

11. grace wieber says:

GR8 Share ! Can’t wait to construct one for our studio. Best, Will & CrazieGracie

12. karen says:

That is very cool. Any info on the table, it’s beautiful!!!

13. Noelle says:

I looked at the cost from the first vendor and it was running over$100 are there any alternatives for a smaller version or any different tutorials?

14. alice says:

Wonderful to read about a layman’s experience (re Morgan) on making this. Gives me confidence to go for it this year!

15. dale says:

Thanks. I make glass like forms from plastic bottles. Have made a chandelier-like hanging. Want to try this for my dining room!