This new years my cup runneth over and now my house is littered with corks and cages from a few too many bottles of bubbly. In honor of the dawning of a new year and decade, I’m bringing you my favorite dorky party trick- making an miniature wire chair from a champagne cage. Just want you’ve always needed, right? We here at Made with Love bear no responsibility for accidents arisen from attempting this project under the influence. Please craft responsibly. -Amy M.
CLICK HERE for the full how-to after the jump!
What you’ll need:
– a wire cage from a bottle of champagne.
– wire cutters or heavy duty scissors
- Cut the center back of the lower loop on you cage.
- Remove bottom wire fully and straight as much as possible. This is pretty heavy gauge wire, but you’re tough, you can handle it.
- Twist your straight piece of wire to form a back. Remove the seat.
- Twist the back of the chair onto the legs and trim excess.
- Replace seat and bow the legs slightly so the seat remains in place.