made with love: miniature champagne bistro chair

by

This new years my cup runneth over and now my house is littered with corks and cages from a few too many bottles of bubbly. In honor of the dawning of a new year and decade, I’m bringing you my favorite dorky party trick- making an miniature wire chair from a champagne cage. Just want you’ve always needed, right? We here at Made with Love bear no responsibility for accidents arisen from attempting this project under the influence. Please craft responsibly. -Amy M.

CLICK HERE for the full how-to after the jump!

What you’ll need:
– a wire cage from a bottle of champagne.
– wire cutters or heavy duty scissors

Picture 2

– Cut the center back of the lower loop on you cage.

Picture 3

– Remove bottom wire fully and straight as much as possible. This is pretty heavy gauge wire, but you’re tough, you can handle it.

Picture 4

– Twist your straight piece of wire to form a back. Remove the seat.

Picture 5

– Twist the back of the chair onto the legs and trim excess.

Picture 6

– Replace seat and bow the legs slightly so the seat remains in place.

1. boris says:

Que ingenioso, me encanta!!!!!!!!!

2. Why do we love all things tiny? Irresistible!

3. So fun! Maybe this will inspire the old DWR chair challenge. I used to love that, and own one of the posters!

4. Kelsey says:

It would be very adorable as an ornament! I would add a little flair by covering the seat with a tiny piece of beautiful fabric!

5. vintageyard says:

I enjoyed this post. It is really funny to read your tutorial. The chair is nice and adorable. I like this work.

6. Tinabobina99 says:

OMG, where have I been living that I haven’t seen this before? I’m saving the tutorial for the next bubbly event.

7. I love the little things, and have done many little wire, metal & wood chairs, check ‘em out http://www.isabeauxstudio.com. I definitely support drinking enough champagne to provide the materials to do it! :)

8. Too cute! I can’t believe I’ve never thought to do anything with champagne cages before – especially since champagne is my favorite drink! This is such a darling idea – and something even non-crafty me can probably manage. If I go digging through the recyling bin I’ll probably have enough to make – ahem – more than a couple of chairs. Or maybe I should just pop open a fresh bottle. ;)

9. Evelyn Case says:

Thxs for the things you share with us. I looked at my last sparkling wine (lovely Rose Cava) wire for a long time, then recycled. I will buy another for Napo’s return from Ecuador and make a little mini chair for him to sit on hehehe.

10. Marisa says:

Super cute! Thanks for the idea. I ran right out to make one and posted it on my blog. So fun!

11. holly says:

I love these. They make great ornaments too! But a sweet valentine also.

12. Barbara says:

Did you submit your darling chair to the DWR contest? It’s so good!!!

13. Chris says:

I love this I have two I will make some! thank you!

14. Linda says:

I love this! Can I share this with my mini/dollhouse group?

15. Becky says:

You inspired me to give it a go! Here’s my version:

Merci!

Becky

16. So glad you have the time to create this site and tutorial for others to use; I found it (actually the online chat reps @ DWR found it for me) while researching for a teen art class I teach, remembering DWR’s original Champagne chair contest. I made my first wire chair from one continuous piece of copper wire back in 1994, while in an Architecture Grad school, and I gave it to my mother who still has it in her dollhouse. Thank you for passing the work on!

17. grace says: