hello handmade valentines

if you’re looking for a beautiful hand-written letter to go with your paper flowers, but, like me, you have less-than-desirable handwriting, you’re in luck! the lovely ladies of hello handmade will be offering their services for valentine’s day this year.

shanna and betsy explained that this year they’re “taking a cue from jane austen” and are offering hand-written valentines folded in the regency style of austen’s time. each valentine is sealed with black and white striped washi tape and a wax seal and will feature shanna’s illustrated and watercolored swallows along with a personalized, customizable note in betsy’s romantic handwriting. you can place your order starting today through february 5th, so click here to contact hello handmade to place an order. also, hello handmade will be donating 10% of each sale to the american red cross relief for haiti. *thanks betsy and shanna!

1. Joan says:

Well done Shanna, that is fantastic! We still need to get together for that cup of tea!

2. Lost City says:

Absolutely gorgeous! We love these handcrafted wonders!

We are also donating to Haiti.We are hosting an auction and 100% goes to Yele Haiti!

We love when fellow designers contribute to the world!

3. LOVE this. Absolutely unique and oh so classy!

4. Alix says:

These are beautiful, but I must admit I find that font well-nigh impossible to read.

5. i KNEW that was Betsy Dunlap’s handwriting! absolutely love it.

6. Chroma Lab says:

I’m so happy to see the Austen reference! The ultimate handmade gift is surely a beautifully written love letter.

7. meghan says:

GORGEOUS… but wouldn’t you rather have something done in your sweetheart’s own handwriting? Even if it’s messy?

8. katie says:

i just LOVE these letters! especially the handwriting!

9. Alyn says:

just love these. letter writing has always been special to me but now more than ever. the folding adds so much.

10. bliss says:

love these. that handwriting is so astoundingly beautiful. i can barely take it.

11. pinkpop says:

This has so much vintage charm and really gets to my romantic perception of an ideal Valentine’s Day card! I think I’m going to try my own illustration and letter as a personalized gift this year.

12. Christine says:

So nice to bring that handmade touch back to stationery.

13. Samantha says:

Handwritten cards, letters etc like this are popping up everywhere.. and I’m LOVING it.

14. Really amazing scripting. I am so into stationary lately, and I think Valentine’s day is the perfect holiday to spend some design time with. Great, inspiring post!

15. JT says:

Those are absolutely gorgeous.

16. hrhkat says:

Ive always wanted a letter press..never found the right one…

17. What a *great* idea! And a wonderful way to send a “Secret Admirer” Valentine too!

18. The Gamine says:

These are gorgeous. Too bad I found out about them a few days too late to feature them on our own blog’s Valentines Day 2010 gift giving guide! Check it out http://www.thegamine.com/?p=417

-The girls at the Gamine