bottle opener roundup

bottleopeners1
yesterday while shopping in the city i kept finding myself drawn towards fun bottle openers. i don’t really open a lot of bottles on a day-to-day basis, but there are so many cute designs on the market right now i thought it would be fun to do a little roundup to expand on the great under $100 bar roundup amy did last year. so, without further ado, here are some of my favorite decorative bottle openers around the web…

[image above, clockwise from top left: crow bottle opener $25, bear bottle opener $13.99, marli bottle opener $26, skeleton key bottle opener $12 each, cast iron wrench bottle opener $30, recycled bike chain bottle opener $10, sten bottle opener $66, vintage brass whale opener $60, brass boot bottle opener $13.95, pop-up bottle cap remover $34.95, mermaid bottle opener and hand bottle opener $9.50, vintage hermes equestrian bottle opener (contact dealer for price), open here bottle opener $6.95, stelton bottle opener $52, cap driver bottle opener $6, crow bar bottle opener $23.95, owl bottle opener $22, splugen bottle opener $45]

bottleopeners2
[image above, clockwise from top left: bamboo handled bottle opener $28, vintage owl bottle opener $10, fox bottle opener $39, geneva bottle opener $8.80]

1. Michelle says:

Pottery Barn has a bulldog opener that I got for my brother (a fan of all things bulldog and beer related – perfect!) at Christmas – http://www.potterybarn.com/products/bulldog-bottle-opener/

2. Alex says:

Last summer I got anthropologie’s cute little chickadee bottle opener, and it didn’t work. I took it back and traded it for another and it still didn’t work. Go get a glass bottled soda from the bodega next door and test the bottle opener before you drop $15-70 on one.

3. cheryl says:

I bought the bear bottle opener for my husband for Christmas. We tend to collect fun animal utensils for our kitchen so this fit right in!

4. who knew there would be so many different types of bottle openers? i like the antique keys!

5. katemakes says:

Loveley. How’s this for strange – for my highschool grad in 1987 my school gave out key chains with bottle openers on them! What a way to encourage new drivers to always have a beverage open. I still have it.

6. Bridget says:

Oh Grace – my brother (15 years old) gave me the most wonderful bottle opener:

Classy, eh? :) I was so excited!

7. Magchunk says:

I always notice cute bottle openers cause my guy loves gadgets and loves beer. I got him a Lego one a few years ago but it wasn’t made very well and the opener tab started chipping. Therefore, we’re in the market for a new charming bottle opener! Perfect timing, d*s!

8. rachel says:

I would love to see a coat rack round up, I am having a difficult time finding a handsome wall mounted one…
    Love the crow bar!

9. Amalia says:

(Argh, it keeps saying I’ve posted a duplicate comment and I haven’t!)

I have the top skeleton key bottle opener! Unfortunately, they forgot to send me the ribbon, but that’s easily replaced.

I love the bear & whale so hard. Manly! I bet my boyfriend would rather have one of those over our skeleton key.

1. grace says:

sorry amalia- we’re working on that now :(

grace

10. natalia says:

D’aww, I was sad to see my own bottle opener wasn’t included, but I guess Anthro musta run out.

This little guy lives on a hook on my fridge:

11. Paulette says:

Here’s a badass bottle opener.. it’s also a belt buckle!

I saw it when I toured the brewery and was tempted to buy it, but knew I’d never wear it!

12. Lovely round up as always! I wanted to add this awesome bottle opener ring to the list. A friend of mine has it and I’ve always coveted it! http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/accessories/756e/

13. Bethany says:

I love this. Such a a fun thing to bust out at a party!
    I bought the same Anthropologie chickadee opener as Alex. And yes, although the lil’ guy sure is cute and is a conversation starter, he doesn’t work the greatest. Oh well!

14. Brigitta Ryan {duo} says:

I love the recycled bike chains. They’re smart.

15. I love the mermaid and the bear !

16. pottery barn sells a bulldog bottle opener… i got it for my boyfriend for christmas (he went to UGA). it’s perfect for bulldog or dawg fans!

17. vintageyard says:

They are unique and nice designs. I like every piece out there. This is real creative work. I like the mermaid and wooden model bottle opener.

18. Nia says:

Ditto to Natalie. I have the Anthro fish bottle opener and I was surprised it wasn’t on this list. It is the bomb.

19. Ashley says:

how fun! i’d love to have that bear open my bottles.. i’d smile every time!

20. Katie says:

I adore that bear bottle open. I want one desperately for my apartment.

21. Katie says:

I adore that bear bottle opener. I want one desperately for my apartment. And under $15 what a deal!

22. chad says:

anyone got information on an opener called: anchor opener for removing caps from glass containers— anchor cap & closure corp. of canada (limited) –toronto canada. It is old and I would like to know the year it was made and other information.