before & after: liam’s nursery + sara’s dressing room

i am seriously in love with this colorful nursery makeover from marta and jason or lorem and ipsum. marta and jason converted their home’s “bonus room” into a baby room for their new son liam. i think it’s such a cheerful space- and it’s got some real character without going overboard or stepping into “disney overload” baby territory. to read more about their makeover, click here!

[have a before & after you’d like to share on d*s? just shoot me an image here with your (low res, jpeg) images!]

CLICK HERE for sara’s dressing room makeover after the jump!

oh, to have a dressing room all to myself. or heck, a closet that’s deep enough for me to hang clothes straight (mine hang at an angle because the closet is too shallow)! lucky d*s reader sara got to create a lovely dressing room just for her clothes by transforming a small bedroom with a little diy love. using a $5 bolt of clearance fabric as inspiration, sara painted the walls gray (benjamin moore’s “coventry gray”), made no-sew curtains with stitch witchery, bought lighting from world market and a rug from pottery barn and added some inexpensive ikea pieces for clever clothes storage. i am so jealous of this girly dressing room i’m already of thinking what tiny corner of my home i should try to convert…thanks to sara for sharing- click here to read more about her makeover process.

1. Jennifer says:

I love the rug and curtains in the dressing room! Can you share where you got them??? Thanks so much!

2. rachel p says:

wow! i am SO jealous of this closet/dressing room!

3. Mouse says:

Very effective use of bunting in the nursery. This kid’s life will be a party just for him! Sweet!

4. Jennifer, the curtains were made by me with clearance fabric from Joanns. I’m sorry, I don’t think it will be available anymore. The Pottery Barn Moorish Tile rug is discontinued, but still available on ebay! Go get it now!

5. Oonafey says:

Hey Sara – Congrats on having your lovely room featured on Design*Sponge!!

6. Melanie says:

I don’t usually like exposed clothing storage, but this very neat and orderly! Looks nice.

7. elisabeth says:

wow. i love both of these rooms!

8. kelly says:

Oooh is that the Dwell Studio crib from Target? If it is, I am stoked because it looks GREAT and I have mine sitting in a box at home waiting to be put together! Love that nursery!

9. Sarah says:

I would like almost everything in that baby room for my own room. I wonder what that says about me.

10. kelly says:

Sorry one more thing! Marta and Jason if you read these comments – I went to your blog and noticed that you are using your storage shelf as a changing table, with the changing pad on the shelf. I think that is awesome, and wanted to know how that’s working out for you. I bought the Dwell Studio changing table that matches the crib, but it’s still in it’s box and I can return it if I like your idea better :)

11. Adore both of these. I would love that dressing room in my house!

12. Marta says:

hi kelly! it IS the dwell studio crib from target. we already had the white bookshelf and the dark brown bookshelf from ikea and the two-tone wood of the crib was the perfect fit to tie everything together.
    also, the changing table, dresser, storage combo has worked great! the changing pad has a buckle that is easy to strap on to the storage shelf since the shelving is open on the front and back. highly recommend it especially if you are looking to save some space :)

13. Jem says:

this is just wonderful. i love how the happy yellow rug works with the yellow florals in the curtains which works with the fantastic grey of the walls. reminds me of jenna lyons’ dressing room.

14. kelly says:

Thanks! I thought that was so clever. I never thought to just put the changing pad on any surface I wanted. :)

15. Stacey says:

Gorgeous! I love how cheerful it is for a baby, yet he can grow into it easily for many years.

16. Jane says:

what are those awesome art works over the crib???

17. katy~* says:

i’m curious to know where the bouncy seat came from? i have been searching online for one similar and have had no luck. any info on that is greatly appreciated.

18. alex sunday says:

LOVE that moorish tile rug! but i don’t think i can get it shipped to australia. :(

19. Jason says:

thanks everyone!

jane – the set of 3 are a series marta and i collaborated on when we were first married. the one at the head of the crib is a letterpress “year of the ox” print from dutch door press (http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21871641)

katy – the bouncy seat has saved our lives many a night. AND it has an mp3 jack which is rad. it is another DwellStudio for Target item actually. (http://www.target.com/Fisher-Price-DwellStudio-for-Target-Bouncer/dp/B001HTLO8U)

20. jenny says:

great transformations. can you share the gray paint color in the dressing room?

21. kellie says:

WOW! LOVE IT & WANT IT! :)

22. Jenny, the paint is BM Coventry Gray. It is the perfect shade of gray!

23. Rachel says:

I love the nursery colors. The valance is adorable.

24. IresBoston says:

Oh my, I’ve been thinking about getting that rug, it looks just lovely!

25. I really like the iron work in the dressing room design. a very nice contrast