a little bit of green…

good morning! i thought it would be nice to kick off today with a bit of my favorite color: green. amy ruppel has a beautiful new print at the working proof called “this land is your land“. 15% of each print’s sale will be donated to american forests (which inspired the design), whose mission is to work with communities on local efforts that restore and maintain forest ecosystems. you can read more about amy’s print (in her own words) right here, and pick up a copy right here ($45)!

and, to start diy day, i wanted to share a link to this fun topiary project from abby schill at tales and trials. inspired by a ballard design, abby converted a seriously sad little 99 cent thrift store topiary into a chic little (faux) topiary for her counter. if you have a mostly black thumb like i do, this can be a fun project to tackle over the weekend. thanks, abby!

1. kelly says:

i love that print! it’s so beautiful and thoughtful!

2. Teresa says:

The print is simply lovely — I’ve been partial to green for quite some time now, too. And I love that there is a cause tied to it as well.

3. jane says:

the print is beautiful! i’m going to set this aside with my wedding paper goods inspiration, as i’m having a woodsy celebration, with family and friends from around the country. the little heart is a very cute touch*

4. beth says:

love the topiary! great for people who don’t like plants and such!

5. lydia says:

the print is so lovely. what a great sense of design and color!

6. kimberly says:

The print is so amazing- and I love the cause. Wonderful! Thank you for sharing.

7. What a fantastic design… I’m a bit in love with it, honestly…

8. Wow! That is really a terrific looking print!

9. @my says:

I grew up in the woods, and I love the forests, so I was hoping to give them their right rewards with this print. Thanks for the kind words! ;)
    ~@my

10. Renai says:

I love the print… I just wish that Alaska was included!

11. P&C says:

Nice one Amy! Pretty x 100000 :-)

12. Erin says:

I love the topiary. Abby did such a great job!

13. beck says:

i love the print but was thrown off b/c michigan isnt really there… :) but definitely adorable, and so clean-lined/simple–i think i would like having one in a nursery.