valerie shaff

i had a bit of a crazy weekend, so this morning i wanted to start off with something peaceful and calming- and for me, that’s black and white photography. something about the starkness of black and white shots always relaxes me, and when the subjects are animals, even better.

these beautiful sepia toned gelatin silver prints from valerie shaff are currently on sale at the carrie haddad gallery. a limited-edition selection of her work is being made available at a reduced price, and some of these would make for lovely last-minute gifts, or a great piece to save up for yourself. if you’re interesting in purchasing, or just want to check out larger images of valerie’s work, click here. thanks, melissa!

1. Piper says:

I agree, black + white photography can be very calming (well of course depending on the subject!) i love the look of displaying lots of black + white photos on one wall. these would make a perfect (and peaceful)collage!

2. Christina says:

Beautiful and simple

3. Striking. Beautiful. Excellent work Valerie. I am so glad to be online this morning – I might have missed this !

4. Love the calming feel of these images! Thank you for giving us all such a peaceful post today.

5. Stella says:

Some animal photography prints I have been drooling over, spare but not black and white (and at a more affordable price):

I am still trying to spy out the best place in my house for a nice grouping of 4.

6. Jenn says:

Really beautiful, especially that peaceful looking owl. Reminds me of a print from illustrator Lauren Nassef I came across last week, which, fortunately was under $100!

7. Melissa says:

Those horses are incredible!

8. Amy - No.15 says:

These are gorgeous! I love the tones and the expressions on the lion and the owl.

9. snoozy says:

she has done the past few covers of a literary magazine called NOON —