the overdue book calendar

OBCfilloutwsharpiesmall
i really miss the days when i checked out library books on a regular occasion. i remember my mom dropping me off at the library and i would pour over the teen section until i’d found the perfect books to take home. those days are sadly long gone, but after design by the book i’ve felt more inspired to get myself back into a library and take advantage of what they have to offer. so when i saw this fun new “overdue book calendar” from lauren hunt i couldn’t resist sharing. in a world of digital everything, it’s sort of fun to embrace the idea of real books (rather than digital ones read on your phone or a kindle) and keeping track of due dates on real paper, rather than a blackberry reminder. you can pick up lauren’s design right here, as a re-printable pdf for $4. thanks, lauren!

1. michelle says:

so cute, such a genius idea!

2. Heather says:

This is SO cute that I had to go buy one. :)

3. Libby says:

I love these great gift idea for my small friends who are regular library user. I might need one for myself as I’ve never met a library book I haven’t wanted to return late!

4. Melissa A. says:

I love it! I always check out books from the library and always seem to return them late. I’m thankful that the late fees are very low. I just consider my late fees a donation to the library.

5. Claire says:

That is so excellent–I may have to buy it as a Christmas gift to myself. (I don’t want to talk about how many purchases I’ve justified recently as “a Christmas gift for myself” but at least this one is affordable, useful, AND really cute.)

6. Carly says:

Love it! I’m going to the library today, so I’ll have to print one of these out before.

7. Awesome post as I use the NY Public Library system so much now and I am always thinking when is that book DUE??

8. veeta says:

I have to admit I do not use the library as often as I should, but I would love to see an adaptation of this in a mini-journal format to record the book I read all year!

9. I NEED THIS; I am awful at remember when my books are due, and I hate loging onto the library website to look up due dates.

10. sunny says:

I LOVE IT! Perfect for when I have a few books out.

At the moment, however, I have about 20 books and dvd’s checked out. So I’ve turned to Library Elf for help. (I like the name as it reminds me of the movie Elf!)

It’s a service that will access your library account for you and then send you emails (whatever you choose..I select daily updates) and you’ll then know what books are due when..and if you have any overdue.

11. PhillyLass says:

So cute!!! Just clicked over and placed an order. Such a great idea!

12. Allison says:

Oh I absolutely love this! And it would be so much more fun to keep track of books tangibly than on my google calendar.

13. Abby says:

This is really cute. I returned to the library a couple of years ago in order to save money because buying new books at the rate I read was becoming a challenge. A clever tracker like this is one way to get people motivated to get back to their libraries.

14. I love this idea; I wish I still checked out books, too. It’s the easiest and cheapest thing in the world, and yet I never do it. I have to tell you, though, the copy editor in me is going crazy. You PORE over books; you POUR juice.

15. jHill says:

genius. and beautiful.

16. Ashley says:

It’s unfortunately sold out! This would be so helpful (and cute!). I check out probably 15 books a month at the NYPL and always forget to log-in to the website to check the due date. This is also an easy way to keep track of what books you’ve read and when. :)

17. Joanna says:

Thanks for giving me another incentive to frequent the library more than I have lately!

18. Mackenzie says:

an adorable idea. i think i will make it one of my new year’s resolutions to frequent the library more often. thank you for sharing!

19. lauren hunt says:

Thank you so much for featuring my little calendar! I’ve had a few people ask if it is sold out, but I still have it, the listing address has just changed. Thank you all so much for your sweet comments, it is so great to have an idea that was your “baby” be so warmly received! The new listing is here: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37283161

Thanks again!

20. I graduated this December with a master’s in library science so I’m especially fond of this calendar! Thanks for sharing!

21. clarity says:

That is such a cute idea I love it.

22. That isn’t just helpful, it’s adorable! My son and I check books out from the library constantly. It is one of our favorite mom/son outings and this would really help us keep track of what needs returning.

23. Jesse says:

Even if you don’t check out library books, I think this would make for a fun way to handle your to-do list each month.

24. Barb Bowers says:

When I went to purchase this it said it was sod out? How can that be, it is just a download?