sneak peek: supermaket sarah

supermarketsarah1
supermarket sarah is one of my all-time favorite sites! the premise of the site is that you get to actually buy art, clothing and objects right off sarah’s walls! so for this peek, we get to look past the walls, and peek into the london home of sarah bagner and boyfriend henrik delehag. not surprisingly, it’s filled with art!  {thanks sarah and henrik! photographer: james gardiner; stylist: elkie brown} –amy a.

[living room above: The rug is from Buenos Aires when I was there on a shoot. “Calma Chicha”. The “Never give up” banner is made by Phoebe Eason. I found the antique chest – now my coffee table – at the Brighton market. I made the figurines on the chest.]

supermarketsarah2
[photo above: The hanging lamp was made in glass by my mother, Susanne Bagner, who is a glass artist.]

supermarketsarah3
[artwork above the mantle: The small paintings of Swedish sauna scenes are by the Swedish artist Ann-Christine Jensmar, the two moustache characters and mason portrait are from Brighton. The Reward poster is made by Henrik Delehag. He lost his sketchbook that he had been working on for years full of beautiful typography spelling my name ‘Sarah’. We were so sad when he lost it. We managed to hunt it down eventually after we fly postered Broadway Market with this £300 reward poster.]

supermarketsarah4
[The silver crown on the toilet is by Fred Butler. The bathroom artwork is all from the Henrik Delehag collection]

CLICK HERE for the rest of sarah’s art-filled peek and all the images on one page.

supermarketsarah5
[The desk is a family piece and I found the chair at a car boot sale.]

supermarketsarah6

supermarketsarah7
[Sascha Kipferling makes a range of these designs using vintage champagne bottles and shades with a modern fabric chord for Supermarket Sarah.]

1. Breeanna says:

The old looking chest in the living room is exactly what I’m looking for! I love the things you can do with it and how it matches perfectly in that room. THANKS!

2. i love the heater under the desk. genius! my toes always get so cold while working.

3. Caroline, No says:

wow, new favourite site alert! I love the Winston Churchill banner ‘never give up’, wonder if I can buy it…

4. Jen says:

I love the Never Give Up banner! I want one SO bad.

5. What an eclectic home! Love the pics and love the concept even more – just clicking through to explore more.

6. Great Sneek peak. I love Supermarket Sarah!

7. Jane says:

Beautiful* I especially love the mantle and fire place, with Moroccan bound books and old portraits.

8. Liane says:

love it. it seems like a happy place. will check out her online shop.

9. christiana says:

What a lovely home (and shop)! I’m particularly struck by the artwork arrangement in the bathroom – very inspired to try something similar in mine.

10. the bathroom is the best! what a great idea!!!

11. Eva says:

cool store you have! recommended it to my friends already :-)

12. kristina says:

love the bathroom. i’ve always loved bathrooms or small rooms with lots of paintings all over.

13. Joanna says:

I adore all these paintings everywhere.

14. Loved the home tour! I really like the old trunk in the first photo. I have an old wooden box in my living room similar in color and size. A relative was visiting and wanted to know why I had that old thing for a coffee table. He said people would think we were poor and couldn’t afford better. I told him I suppose we were poor by some standards, but the wooden box was built for me by my dad before I was even a year old. If you look closely, you can see where he wrote on it in pencil: “Hope Chest” and below that “to my doll Lana”. It’s a true treasure to me!

15. Wow, wow! Too great for words:)

16. Roxanne says:

Wow; coolest house/site ever! I just found my new hangout. Fantastic!

17. Wonderful! I love the mixture of art in this house.

18. Rebecca says:

how cool! i have never heard of this site before. I can see it becoming really addicting.

19. nancy c says:

i also really really really want that ‘never give up’ banner and have clicked all the relevant links to no avail.
    help!?

20. Sascha says:

I absolutely adore this style and the look of the house, its amazing!

21. Pooja says:

Very creative, but too cluttered for my taste.

22. Vebosh says:

OMG!!! what a lovely place i adore this style very eclectic!!, and cozy!
    is very creative and adorable!!

23. Evita says:

I think the bathroom is my favorite!

24. that’s my kind of place! lots of wood elemnts, full of creativity and old fashioned objects (loving the transistor-) and most of all, not overdone! hoorray for people like sarah!

25. Jenny says:

What a fantastic place!

26. yvonne says:

love it all especially the zig zag throw on the couch! Is it homemade? Beautiful

27. Eeainelj says:

Your designs are always wonderful! I love them very much! Thanks for sharing!

28. Marty Mason says:

That little powder room has a WOW factor! No reading material required in this john…