sneak peek: camilla engman

if you’ve read design*sponge for any length of time, you’re probably pretty familiar with camilla engman.  if not, well then, you’re in for a treat! camilla’s an artist/illustrator living in gothenburg sweden. both her illustrations and her home reflect that airy, clean and light look that is so typical of swedish style. aren’t those white floor are gorgeous? {thanks camilla!}amy a.

[The armchairs are copies of the Papa Bear armchair by Hans J Wegner. I didn’t knew about the original before I bought the copies. I just liked how they looked. The dog is a Danish/Swedish farmdog, Morran. The cloud on the wall is made by Lisa McNamara. I made the table myself. The lamp and plant pedestal are thrift-finds.]

[The lamp is by David Trubridge. The chairs are Arne Jacobsen, Sjuan/seven. The concrete pot wasmade by my brother]

[Above: Bedroom shelf with Sara Paloma pottery. The print is “Kiss and tell”, Camilla Engman.]

1. Margarita says:

Can you believe it?? I just got her book today and posted about it in my blog. This woman is so talented!!

2. Avril says:

Oh, white floors, swooons! I love this kind of Scandinavian sensibility – sparse and white (to make the most of the scant sunlight in winter months)…always makes artwork and plants pop so nicely.

3. Paulette says:

Thanks for this. I just started following Camilla, and she’s fueling my newfound love of all things Scandinavian.

4. C. says:

She has such natural style, what a beautiful light-filled laidback interior!

5. Suzanne says:

love her work, and now her home too! just gorgeous. the white floors are amazing and i love the art wall!

6. kate says:

Like her work, her home is gorgeous!

7. Anna @ D16 says:

Such a fan of Camilla’s. Thank you.

8. I love the wall of art and photos. Very well done!

9. nath says:

it’s as lovely as i could imagine. but too short! i want to see more, more, more!

10. Beautiful. White rocks.
    And she makes it look exquisite.

11. Joanna says:

Love that moose painting! Though now that I think about it, it looks more of like needlepoint.

12. jules says:

gorgeous and so fresh feeling. I love that her plants are so much a part of the decor.

13. margaret fagan says:

i’m such a huge fan of camilla’s. thx so much for showing her home.

14. Minimo says:

Hi Camilla. Your home is beautiful! I love those Papa Bears. Where did you get them from?

15. p says:

love the use of plants which few people seem to have these days. so organic. so alive.

16. Andrea says:

I’d settle for copies of the Papa Bear chairs. Even those are impossible to find!

17. miss liss says:

Love the dining table nook – the table, the chairs, the chandelier – the concrete pot. What is that plant?

18. nosideup says:

I love her work a bit too much. I might be obsessed.

19. Rebecca says:

beautiful home, thanks for sharing! what color paint did you use on the walls??? I’m so undecided on white (which I find funny!)

20. p says:

they sell that plant at ikea. i have one. you can’t kill it even if you want (i have over and under watered it and put it in sun and practically no light at all).

21. Tina says:

Love the cloud! Does Lisa have a website?

22. ….mmmm white floors, my next project!

23. marinaek says:

That cloud is lovely! Where can I find more info on Lisa’s work? Thanks!

24. Eeainelj says:

Your designs are always wonderful! I love them very much! Thanks for sharing!