My love for plants growing under glass knows no bounds and I was extra excited to find a way to incorporate a little terrarium love into my holiday repertoire this year. These ornaments are actually fake terrariums, by using dried sheet moss or reindeer moss , the ornament isn’t technically growing so it requires no care. Perfect for those of us who are excel at forgetting to water things. Plus, I’m tempted hang them in my kitchen once the holidays are through. -amy m.
CLICK HERE for the full how-to after the jump!
What you’ll need:
– clear glass ornaments
– dried moss
optional- twigs, butterflies, feathers etc…
1. Tear off a small piece of moss and moisten slightly (this helps to keep the moss from crumbling a lot of dust inside).
2. With the eraser end of your pencil, gently push moss into the opening. Repeat this a few times until you have a forest floor on the bottom of your ornament.
3. Add any extras and poke with your pencil to style things as necessary.
4. Bend a q-tip and clean any debris stuck to the inside walls of the ornament.
5. Attach a piece of twine with a bow and hang.