Snipping paper snowflakes is my all time favorite holiday craft, best practiced while listening to A Charlie Brown Christmas on repeat. When you swap out the usual printer paper for paper doilies, the resulting snowflakes look extra lacey and ephemeral. String them together with clear fishing line and your suddenly transported to a winter wonderland not usually experienced by a short on time/short on money holiday decorator like myself. -amy m.
CLICK HERE for the full how-to after the jump!
What you’ll need:
– paper doilies in several sizes
– small, sharp scissors
– fishing line
1. Fold doily in half and then half again.
2. Fold in half one more time, so doily resembles a slice of pie that is 1/8 of the size of the original size.
3. Go wild snipping designs into your snowflake, making sure to entirely cut off the folds on either side. If you need more help, this site is really helpful for novices.
4. Unfold and iron. Cut a length of fishing line and weave across each snowflake to create a garland.