d*s reader and blogger maria jones came across a “drop dead gorgeous nailhead zebra console table” at horchow for $3000 and fell in love. unable to manage the hefty price tag, maria’s “handy dandy” sister helped her create her own version, by crafting the wood herself and having maria contact paper it in zebra print. the final touch, nailheads, were added my maria’s husband for a total cost of $100. great work, you guys!
CLICK HERE for maria’s full how-to details after the jump!
- Hardwood from Home Depot to assemble table
- nail gun or nails/hammer
- Zebra contact paper
- nail heads (Jo-ann’s)
This is a pretty straight forward project which is why it was right up my alley, not too time-consuming with pretty instant results!
1. First gather 3 large pieces of hardwood from Home Depot according to how high and wide you would like your table. (By the way, Home Depot will cut the wood for you in the lumber section.)
2. Next assemble hardwood pieces by using nail-gun or nails and hammer.
3. Then wrap in zebra contact paper, just like your wrapping a present, trim excess with scissors and line up pattern.
4. Then tack in nail heads with a mallet on the front and your done!