jaime from prudent baby and prudent advice sent over this fun hanukkah garland tutorial that i thought would make for a great afternoon craft activity. all you need is some fleece (wool and felt would work nicely, too), scissors and a little thread and you’re good to go! thanks to jaime for sharing!
CLICK HERE for the full how-to after the jump!
fleece pom pom hanukkah garland from jaime at prudent baby
-embroidery needle and thread
1. cut your fleece into strips (they don’t need to be perfect). cut in different lengths and sized to create different sized poufs.
2. make small cuts on either side of the fleece leaving about a centimeter or less in the middle uncut:
3. grab a strip and roll it up. stick a pin through it when it’s all rolled up. repeat with all of your strips.
4. now you need to finish your fleece pom poms. there’s a right way and an easy way. i’ll show you the right way first. cut a length of embroidery thread, knot one end and thread one end through an embroidery needle: push the needle all the way through the center of your fleece pom pom: then wrap the thread around the center a few times and tie off. use the extra length of thread to attach to your garland. cut off the extra thread and you’re done:
the easy way is just to grab a length of thread and tie it around the center, then double knot it, then use the excess thread to knot it around your trim.
5. repeat until you have a happy hanukkah garland, and hang on the mantle!