Blair’s Holiday Gift Guide and Wishlist

Gift Ideas for that lady in the craft room, over there, stitching away on those holiday gifts.

This holiday season will be simple one in our family, and I’m very excited about that. We’ll make a lot of our gifts, as we always try to do, but this year there is even more emphasis on relaxing and spending time together.

But paring our lives and holiday season down doesn’t mean that I don’t enjoy nice things. You too? I love well-thought out, perfectly executed, timeless style for my own wardrobe and our home. Fewer things, but better things. Things that are meant to last a long time, have a more timeless appeal are what feels right. Here’s a few things that fit this list for me.

1. The perfect, easy going, hardwearing, go-to coat for any occasion for me would have to be a classic parka from The North Face. The Grace jacket in Black would, for me, go over a party dress in winter just as easily as a pair of jeans, t-shirt, and boots. I love how weightless and durable these coats feel, like armor against the elements.

2. The only cardigan I will ever need would be the absolute timeless Agnes B. snap cardigan. These pieces have not changed or been taken out of their line in years, try one on and you’ll know why.

3. Canvas bags are used for practically everything these days, and my new favorites are these John Lewis penguin bags. I’m wearing mostly black or gray these days, so I’m sure those around me would appreciate the jolt of color one of these would add.

CLICK HERE for the rest of the Blair’s guide/wishlist after the jump!

4. Another bag I’ve had my eye on for a long time is Moop’s letter bag. Rosewood red please.

5. I’m seeing personal calling cards popping up here and there these days How fun to actually hold correspondence in your hand! I’d love a pocketful of these when I’m shuttling my kids around town to hang out with their friends, would make life so much easier, less scrambling for scrap paper and pencils. Great for busy moms.

6. My husband and I add to our collection of artwork when we can and I am in love with my friend Neece’s beautiful and graceful paintings. I have my very own “Girl With Locket” giclee print, and it came to me so beautifully packaged, I hated to open it up. (I think it will live in our bedroom.)

7. I am a huge fan of Adorn Jewelry’s moss pieces. I have a faux moss ring and would love a pendant to match. Her pieces are affordable and really do feel special to wear.

8. For those cozy winter nights spent inside with your knitting and your sweetie, let me suggest the boxed set of Ewan MacGregor and Charlie Boorman’s “Long Way Down” and “Long Way Round”. Part travel journal, part motorcycle fantasy documentary, these two best friends embark on 2 different incredibly long, sometimes very grueling adventures across the continent. I believe this originally aired as a cable series, but its truly one worth owning (and I officially have a crush on both of them).

9. Komforte Chockolates (created by my husband Peter, sorry for the shameless plug, I’m just very proud!) is a perfect stocking stuffer. Send those college students back to school with some (or, get some for yourself). Three flavors- Tortilla with Lime, French Toast, and Ramen Noodle (you heard right) available here by the bar. What I love about a bar like these, with so much flavor, is that you can break off one piece and save the rest for later. Each bite is interesting. I need some hidden in my craft room at all times.

I’ll be back tomorrow with another DIY project for your holiday decorating, see you then!

1. Tamuna says:

I have been wanting to find a perfect coat/tranch for the winter and this is exactly what I need! Thank you for the idea! Can’t wait to “request” it for Christmas:) hehe

2. Neicy Frey says:

Blair thanks for including my artwork in your gift guide! It’s an honor to be on the list of someone with a great eye for style like your sweet self! Now off to get the Ewan MacGregor dvd and more chocolates…

3. Jamie says:

The chocolates sound interesting. I love trying new things. Please tell your husband he should consider selling sampler 12-packs via distributors. I’d spend $30 for a box of 12 if I could try all the flavors.

4. Sally F. says:

I have the Grace jacket & LOVE it!

5. Freck says:

So cute! Great finds!!!

6. I really love that canvas bag! Such a great bag for everyday things like grocery shopping and such. Wonderful X-Mas list Blair!

7. jess says:

after i got an email stating in no uncertain terms i am required to gift this ramen chocolate bar to someone special this xmas, i headed right over to seattle chocolates. i wish there was a variety pack, too.

8. Annie says:

I love how diverse your list is- something for everyone. Well played.

9. Nicole says:

I don’t suppose there’s any way that those chocolates don’t having a ‘may contain traces of nuts’ warning, is there? They look awesome, but I’m deathly allergic.

10. Tammy says:

Um, that chocolate is all kinds of awesome. I’m in Japan right now, but I want to order some once I’m back in the U.S.!

11. i’ve been eyeing bags on Moop since a friend told me about them. and those little calling cards are briliant!

12. Sonja thomas says:

I loved the Agnes B. snap front cardigan and wonder where I can get one. The web site did not have a sales area. I loved the moss pendant so much!

13. Lisa says:

The chocolates well they do look like something to be very proud of – loving the flavours/design. The Ramen noodle made me smile as it is something that kids bring bags of in their lunches and eat the broken noodles like chips. Is this something that your husband Peter also did/does therefore was inspired by?

14. blair says:

Thank you Lisa! The ramen noodle idea was the brainchild of our 11 year old daughter Emma. We were stumped for a third flavor idea and one night at dinner she suggested it. Her initials are actually on the back of the wrapper of that one.