sneak peek: patrick connor of fossil

ok, there are officially too many fantastic sneak peeks from the team at fossil and now we’re adding one more. all you need to do is type in “fossil sneak peek” in the search toolbar on the top right to see the homes from the whole crew (it’s a great resource for the entire site). today we’re looking into the home of fossil team member patrick conner who is the design manager for store planning and design. two years ago he collaborated with a local architect to design their duplex based on mid-century iconic architecture and design elements. it’s located near downtown dallas in order to enjoy the benefits of the city, but enjoy a quiet neighborhood and yard for their daughter. enjoy the peek below and additional images here! {thanks, patrick!}anne

[above: I love using the Nelson bench as a catch all for Ellie’s toys, shoes, & magazines to go through. And makes a great folding table for laundry :). Ellie calls this piece the “no no” (every time she gets near it that is what I yell) Great piece, but not kid friendly :)…sharp corners! The art work was given to us by a neighbor. The piece was taken out of a local boutique hotel because of some of the “content”. The piece is a collage of Hollywood icons. Everyday when I make up the bed I find someone new in it.]

TV room – I have always loved black and white rooms! They are timeless and so easy to change with a little color. I will throw in a random pillow, flowers, and small accessories and the room completely changes and takes on a new look.

I love mixing mid-century classics mixed with modern pieces. I use letters and numbers a lot in my artwork and placed a few down the table as a runner. I grouped succulents on a traditional cake stand I painted gloss white to give them a nice perch out of the way of serving dishes, place settings,  etc. I collect dishes, so this large buffet with sliding doors hides a lot of random unmatched pieces, vases, etc.

I use vintage industrial pieces for storage all through the house. I have found great pieces at The vintage finds look great pieces against the modern architecture. This stacked metal bookcase is great for toys and Ellie’s art projects. I collect numbers and letters and use them a lot in my artwork and decorating. I painted these orange to contrast the white wall. The various play on scale is fun and inexpensive to do.

CLICK HERE for the rest of Patrick’s sneak peek after the jump!

Living area – I paired clean lined furniture pieces with white round & elliptical tables found at,, and vintage sales. Accessories are inexpensive mid century pottery from student art shows, vintage stores and e-bay. And of course succulents round out the modern, warm feel. I found these great Thomas Paul pillows on for a great price that are graphic and pull all of the colors together.

I love a white kitchen! I have always wanted walnut stained cabinets with carrera marble counter tops. However, since the kitchen is open to the entire downstairs (and we were over budget) we decided to go with a neutral taupe-gray paint so the cabinetry would blend in and not be a major focal point. A white kitchen is so easy to take from vintage to modern (depending on my decorating mood at the time)

Den- I played off of the red in my artwork to create a color story in the den. We collect mid-century classic chairs (they can almost serve as art on their own).

Desk area- I have to be organized before I can get any work done! This red Chinese secretary serves as a great workstation. It closes completely up to hide my work. And looks great open too. I also love clocks- any kind of clock, especially Nelson clocks and vintage finds. The colors are amazing and they serve as pieces

Master bath- Orange is my favorite color. I use accents in our master bath in orange to pop against the cabinetry.

Back entry – Chalkboard paint- my best friend! I use it everywhere, especially at the back door. It is a great place to write reminders and to-dos. I wanted to paint our entire entry room in it but was outvoted

1. woooowwww there are so many things that I love about this house , I do not even know where to begin. Superb!!!

2. colleen says:

i recognize that collage (banned from a local hotel) from hotel zaza!

that’s awesome that it found a new life in your bedroom.

3. greybreaks says:

great home! love everything about it, especially the dark floors.

4. paula says:

very nice. love the barn door peeking out in the tv room.

5. Tracy says:

Orange is my favorite color too – it looks beautiful how you’ve contrasted it with the white. I adore the giraffe painting!

6. kelsey cafferky says:

Oh how I love his home! A lot of mid century homes are bare and stark but his is warm and welcoming. Love the nursery and I am so obsessed with the Eames Rocker that I might have to get one for myself!!!

7. cristy says:

please please please tell me where that white and brown comforter came from! i’ve been looking for one exactly like that and everyone is out!

8. If only I could live so beautifully! Wishing that bedroom up top was mine. Gorgeous and simple. Can’t get enough of these sneak peeks.

9. Jeremy says:

Love everything, but especially the sectional — anyone know where that’s from?

10. nosheen says:

patrick!!! i love your house…i will have to come visit in person!!

11. p. says:

Does anyone know where the sectional and dining table and chairs are from? Thanks!

12. Karen says:

the artwork above your bed is by an artist named O who does the moe. circuit and other festivals. Pretty cool!

13. Summer says:

Lovely house! Anyone know where those white/brown nightstands are from?

14. Teresa says:

Everything about the house is simply gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!!

15. Jillian says:

Love the kitchen and feel of the entire house, especially the fireplace area. I would be curious to know the name of the architect.

16. Susan says:

I soooooo love the wall around the front garden ~ it was genius to make the side walls slanted. Genius!

17. Christine says:

Love the sneak peeks, but just as an aside – can we possibly get one, one day, that DOESN’T include an Eames Rocker? Like seriously. There are more ways to have a beautiful home than just mid-century modern (as lovely as it is).

18. love so much about the house. but I too want to know where that sectional is from. thanks

19. I LOVE this house. Wow. It’s so pretty!!! I love the chalkboard too!

20. Bethany says:

Is the giraffe in Ellie’s toy basket in the first picture one of Laura Normandin’s? It looks familiar…
    What a beautiful home!

21. Rosie says:

I would love! to know where the sectional in the TV room came from… It’s a beautiful home!

22. Is the bright orange dog from CB2? I’ve never actually seen it in a room, love it!

23. Marcus says:

I am looking for a bed like that. Where did it come from?

24. Jackie says:

Wow, I have actually been to this home! Saw it on a homes tour about 2 years ago…still looks great! Love it!

25. Sara says:

The orange puppy was designed by Eero Aarnio for Magis in Italy.

The ding chairs are DCM chairs designed by Charles Eames for Herman Miller.

Wow there is alot of Eames in this Sneek peek.

Love the cabinet in the room with the sectional.

Great house!

26. Lindsay says:

I LOVE that living room! Lucky!

27. Sarah says:

I LOVE the bed! Where did you get that?

28. Jenny says:

There’s something in the water over there at Fossil. Love it!

29. Andy says:

Lovely home. I would also like to know where the bed is from.

30. Lynn lee says:

I love this style.

31. kendal croix says:

i went to a lecture by fossil the other afternoon, very creative people in that company for sure.

32. Eliana Tomas says:

This is a very nice, cosy home. I particularlly love the collage above the bed. I’ve one myself that i keep updating. I believe in a couple of months i won’t have more space free.

33. Jill C says:

This is just stunning – everything about it is just perfect!

34. NatalieS says:

The world is totally ready for you to start a craft and design blog. I know it would be a hit! Lovely home PC!!

35. I can vouch that painting your entire entryway with chalkboard paint is not the way to go (two apartments ago).

36. Colleen Miko says:

I could move into his place and change not a thing. SUPERB.

37. Jill says:

Beautiful home Patrick! I want to move in…

38. stephanie says:

I don’t ever even say this, but….OMG! I am gong to come back to look at this 100 times!

39. Jaclyn says:

My dream home! Lots of Eames stuff, and I love it! It just amazes everytime I see Eames funiture that they were designed in the 50’s, yet 50 years later they still look so modern.

40. Peter says:

Paint-by-numbers modernism.

41. melissa says:

where is that blocks set from ? Love it.

42. Misa says:

What a jaw-dropping collection of furniture–especially that red secretary. I wish I could go shopping in your house.

43. Bob says:

“Everyday when I make up the bed I find someone new in it.” You sly dog.

44. crystal says:

is that a personal collage or is that something i can buy?