egg collective

good morning! i wanted to kick things off this morning with some beautiful designs from egg collection. egg is a group of designers (crystal ellis, julie scheu, hillary petrie, and stephanie beamer) who met in architectural school and have been working together on furniture designs ever since. i simply can’t get enough of their “stumped” lamps made from fallen sycamores and working light bulbs. gorgeous. there’s plenty more to see at their site, so click here for more information on egg collective’s work. [thanks, peter!]

1. Stina says:

How exciting to see some St. Louis-born action on here! Congrats ladies!

2. Shandell's says:

Love the lamps from stumps. I am always amazed at the brilliant talent out there.

3. tmoore says:

The sycamore lamps look neat, but I imagine its be easy to smash the exposed bulb – I mean, the stump looks like a tabletop, and a tabletop is a place to toss a book…

Pretty design, but not all that easy to live with. I’d rather see a really long branch (floor to ceiling maybe) with a bulb or three inserted nearer the top.

4. liz says:

That second bookshelf featured is pretty too look at, but makes me cringe–it would ruin the binding on those paperbacks! I’m really anal about my books staying in pristine condition.

However, I’d totally put magazines in it without a problem.

5. 31everything says:

Oh man!!! Talk about thinking outside of the box. These are crazy. I like them :)

6. Now I’ll never set the table incorrectly again.

What fun to take the ol’ stumped saying and adding a genius light bulb too it! Playful indeed.

7. chelsbells says:

Beautiful and functional works, i would love to own them all. I appreciate the mix of delicacy and strength in the materials used.

8. Anna says:

oh i want this table!

9. Dista says:

I love the lamp! How can I get one? Very creative, functional and BEAUTIFUL designs… I am a fan :)

10. hrhkat says:

I would buy that table today….its so gorgeous.

11. Really enjoyed reading about their work. The stump lamps are very unusual and quite a contrast with the modern lines of the table and bookshelf.

12. Sera says:

i agree the second shelf makes me worried for the poor bookies – but its a great idea for magazines, or other bits!

13. Lindsay says:

Such unique furniture! These talented young women are bringing a new perspective to the design world. I need the pill table! I have passed along to friends as well.

14. John Blunt says:

I almost like both the stumps, and the inlaid table. My choice: natural edges and bark inclusions in the table, and a leg structure inspired by the stumps. The serving set inlay is a clever idea and could work into such a design departure, with the plates bridging across voids in places

15. Victor says:

Love the bookend shelving combo. Now my own creative juices are stimulated.