diy project: margie’s crocheted lights

dscf8766
today’s first diy project comes from margie of resurrection fern in ontario. she created these stunning crocheted lights using twine and a little spare time. i love the final result and the way the light glows through the fibers. CLICK HERE for the full project steps!

dscf8806

1. ewenique says:

I like her creations – sometimes even before I know it’s her’s.

2. It looks so pretty lit. Just like a honeycomb.

3. ewenique says:

cringing @ my typo (that’ll learn me)

4. Wow, these are gorgeous and so effective when lit up.

5. Katy Elliott says:

Everything this women does is awesome. Check our her doily ice disks she hangs in the winter.

6. Brooke says:

Lovely! I am from Ontario, too, and we have lots of balls like these that my mom and her sisters made when they were young back in the 60s and 70s. We use them at Christmas as tree ornaments.

7. yufinats says:

wow…so cleaver! it could be shining on coldnovember!

8. suzy says:

They are beautiful. I would like to make some for my home in the woods. What kind of light are you using inside?
    I hate wires!
    Thanks

9. Amanda says:

I like that this looks like a beehive in a tree, and what a suprise when you light it up! I’m always looking for creative ways to light up the outdoors to make it feel festive, so thanks! I’m making this soon.

10. Emily says:

I wonder how well it would survive in the elements? or is it to be put outside on special occasions?

11. Jeni Ann says:

LOVE this. I have been wanting to learn to crochet, here’s another reason!

12. Natalie says:

what kind of light did she put inside? Is it a candle or is it electric?

13. Anabel says:

She also has wonderful stones wrapped in crochet… Stone cozies! So much fun, and so simple!