diy project: danielle’s pretty fabric pumpkins

IMG_3439
this beautiful fall craft project comes from d*s reader and photographer danielle thompson of the thompson family blog. she created these gorgeous fabric pumpkins as a last minute thanksgiving centerpiece of vignette- i love the way they let you use up bit of leftover fabric (and they won’t turn to mush if you leave them out too long!). CLICK HERE for the full project steps! thanks, danielle!

mainimage

1. theaxx says:

These are FANTASTIC~!!! And I love the photography against the wood with such sumptuous fabrics too!

thea.
    xx

2. Sandra J says:

These are so cute, I’m definitely making these for fall decor! Great DIY.

3. Kate says:

These are BEAUTIFUL!!!! So colorful and crafty! I love these images Grace!

4. Catherine says:

Love these – I remember my mom making something similar when I was a kid – can’t wait to try a couple in my favorite Autumn fabrics!

5. Wow, so adorable – you could almost do these anytime of year with different fabrics.

6. kimberly says:

This tutorial is so thorough! I LOVE IT!

7. Jenna says:

Who did it first? Martha Stewart or this gal?

1. grace says:

jenna

if you read her description on her site she says she based her project on the martha stewart piece.

grace

8. Jessica F. says:

Oh man…I’m making one when I get home!

9. fatalefemme says:

My mom also had stuffed pumpkins growing up, but had lost the pattern. These are perfectly adorable, love the floral!, and serendipitous.

10. Kate says:

What amazing color choices! Especially love the teal pumpkin. The photography makes my knees weak too.

11. Oonafey says:

Love these! I think I will have to go steal some old fabric from my moms house…

12. Panaiot says:

Realy nice idea. I think they can be easily used as sofa or as a decoration in the kids room :)

13. hrhkat says:

I had that red fabric with the little blue and yellow flowers like 10 years ago…

14. KatieR says:

WOW! I would love to make these! Thanks to this link, I just put a new folder on my desktop titled CREATE!! …Guess what goes in it first? Thanks so much.

15. Kristen says:

I was looking at Danielle’s site and I LOVE her ideas! The colors and photography, amazing!

16. Beautiful colours and fabrics!
    :-)

17. Laura Bray says:

I made some when the magazine came out. Blogged about it today and linked back to you! Fun project. Happy Thanksgiving!

18. Liv says:

I was totally inspired and went a little pumpkin mad… Here are the results…

Not quite as lovely… but each one is an improvement on the last!

19. OMG im totally obsessed. This is happening sometime this weekend. I dont care if I have to pull an all-nighter to make time!

20. Love these! I just made some this weeekend http://thewarmfuzzyfeelings.blogspot.com/2011/09/september-showers.html and am hoping to make a few more of different sizes, so much fun!