before & after: seating and office space

today’s first before & after comes from salt lake city decorator caitlin creer. she loves retsoring and remaking vintage pieces and recently finished this chair with a green and white fabric from kelly wearstler. after the jump there’s another green and white chair makeover and a yellow chevron studio update so be sure to click “read more” below.

[have a before & after you’d like to share on design*sponge? shoot me an email right here with your (low res please) images]

CLICK HERE for tess’ studio makeover and kathy’s chair makeover after the jump!

kathy before
kathy krey updated a chair she found at a local university sale with new paint and fabric from jessica jones. it’s always nice to see old school furniture given a new life. thanks for sharing, kathy!

tess before
tess carter from cozy little cave recently made over her studio space with a hand-painted yellow zig zag paint treatment. it’s really tough to nail that by hand, so kudos to tess for the hard work!

1. Wow, that first chair was a real find. I love the before tufts but the after is superb too.

2. Raru says:

Great job Caitlin Creer!
    And thanks for sharing :)

3. I love Caitlin’s work on so many levels – the recycling, the freshness of her re-design, and the modern-meets-antique juxtaposition. Wonderful Caitlin, and thank you DS for this inspirational post.

4. Oonafey says:

Wow! I would love to work in that studio, great job!

5. Alejandra says:

hello! Im from Argentina! I visit this site every day! I love it! I heard about a design sponge book! ¿?¿?¿¿ I would love to have it!! Wonderful job!!!!
    Sorry for my english I hope you understand! :)

6. Freck says:

Hooray! Another B&A Thursday! The green fabric is awesome!

7. Caitlin says:

Grace thanks for the mention. I wanted to let you know that the fabric on the chair was actually a knockoff of KW that I purchased at Homegoods for 19.00 as a duvet.

We backed it with canvas and voila! Instant glamour at a fraction of the cost.

8. Frances says:

Is it just me or are all the chair before/after postings starting to look the same? Between that and the sneak peak posts – everything is blending together. Sad to say this but I used to love finding truly unique and innovative features on d*s, but recently it seems very repetitive and impersonal.

9. Tess says:

Thanks for the mention here too! :) Zig Zags by hand wasn’t as hard as I anticipated- but definitely not for the patience-challenged!! :)

LOVE those two chairs!

10. mary says:

the first chair was soooo much better in the before!

11. I LOVE that Kelly Wearstler fabric and the chair is absolutely fabulous! I’m looking for a chair just like that to reupholster for my living room, and that exact same fabric in orange for some pillows. Love it!

And that studio space? I’m drooling. Literally. My husband and I are redoing our bedroom in gray, white and yellow, and I’m keeping this pic for inspiration!

12. Faith says:

I’m dying to figure out how to refinish and reupholster a chair that I have. Any good suggestions on where to lear the “how to”?