sneak peek: casey green of fossil

by

casey1
after seeing all the sneak peeks from the team at fossil -shay, jill, kate and ryan –   i think it’s safe to say this team has great style. we’ve already seen her diy file cabinet, but today we have a look into the rest of the home of casey green, design consultant and part of the concept team at fossil she and her husband live in a charming little home built in 1940. they honed their diy skills and flipped the condo, which of course came with everything in it’s original state (pink and burgundy tile bathroom anyone??). the result is crisp and fresh. click here for additional images of casey’s home. {thanks, casey!} -anne

[above: The wing back chair is from my husband’s parents and I had it recovered in Romo fabric I discovered during a work trip in London. ]

casey2
My Office: This is my favorite room in the house, and is where I run Kenwood Studios, my design consultation service. The bulletin board above my desk is made from a salvaged door. I cut the length down, then coated it with magnetic paint. I finished it with 1 coat of chocolate brown paint and 1 coat of dark stain. The desk is from West Elm, and the chair is from a flea market in Canton Texas- upholstered in Amy Butler Fabric. The file cabinet was recently featured in the DIY section of d*s.

casey3
When we moved in there were 3 separate doorways in this tiny little room, so my husband started by closing off one of the doorways and adding built-ins for all my craft storage. We actually used 12″ deep kitchen cabinets from Ikea and trimmed them out at the top and bottom. We were lucky enough to find the original tongue and grove ceiling underneath the drywall, so we spent a weekend carefully refinishing it back to it’s original glory. right: The letterpress set was also a great find from Canton- I was giddy when the guy sold me the entire set WITH the wooden tray for $50!

casey4
I love the soothing wall color in this room- Benjamin Moore’s Sea Haze. The bed was a great craigslist find, as was the midcentury modern chair I refinished and reupholstered with an Eddie Bauer houndstooth fabric. The lamps are from Target, and the comforter is from Anthropologie. I gave my husband 2 options and he chose the one you see, so he proudly tells everyone he picked it out. :)

CLICK HERE for the test of casey’s sneak peek after the jump!

casey5

We recently completed a master bath and closet addition to our house. This was my first experience designing an entirely new space, so we worked with a structural engineer to make sure my designs were able to be executed. The linen cabinet in the room is from City View Antiques in Dallas. It caught my eye and I immediately knew I could design the whole room around it. I bargain shopped online for the tile and fixtures, and had the vanity custom made to fit the space. (Thank you Restoration Hardware for the original design- I would’ve bought it from you if you made a 60″ double vanity with drawers!)

casey6

We completely gutted and reconfigured the kitchen right after we moved in. It took me more than a year to find the perfect backsplash tile to bridge the grey walls, white cabinets, and wood countertops. I picked up the sketch of Victoria Harbor in Hong Kong, and the “Let Them Eat Cake” print is from BluLima’s etsy shop.

casey7

The table used to be the coffee table in our old house, but was just too big for our current living room, so my husband took the legs off and rebuilt the base to turn it into a dining room table. I found the first pair of dining chairs at a thrift shop and took a picture into Again and Again in Dallas and they were able to match up a 2nd pair. I painted them white and reupholstered them with a trellis fabric I bought at John Lewis in London. The chandelier is from my favorite architectural salvage store – it just needed a quick coat of spray paint.

casey8

My husband runs his own business from home, so he needed a work space that was functional but still pulled together enough so clients can come over. He needed a massively long desktop, so we took the legs off his old West Elm desk and attached them to a new piece of butcherblock counter. The room color is one of my all-time favorites: Martha Stewart’s Tin Pail. The shelving and cabinetry are from Ikea.

casey9

This is actually the 2nd color I’ve painted the living room… I’m going through a grey phase, so this is the same color as the bedroom, a soft bluish-grey. I love that this room is mostly neutral, so I can switch out the accent colors as often as I like. I’m currently hung-up on teal and citron, which are picked-up in the Target throw pillows. The rug is from Pottery Barn, and fulfills my need for a little trellis pattern in my life- thank you for that obsession Kelly Wearstler…
The chairs are actually dining chairs from West Elm that I had recovered in a smokey blue velvet. The scale is perfect for the small space. The painting above the chairs is from a thrift store in Dallas called Dolly Python. The owner congratulated me on my $10 purchase, declaring me an art collector. The “Live What You Love” letterpress art is from Hijirik’s etsy shop.

1. Kara says:

Looks great!!! I love the letterpress set and the throw pillows in your living room!

2. carolyn says:

What a lovely home! I’ve always loved grey walls.

My only gripe is with the letterpress job case. I’m a graphic design student minoring in book arts, currently taking a letterpress class. Just knowing that gorgeous slab-serif wood type, in what looks like great condition, will never be used to print with again makes my heart ache.

3. Scott says:

Beautiful! I’m a big fan of grey too.
    Nice to see it used so well.

4. adimay says:

looks fabulous! and what a score on the letterpress!

5. alison says:

Hi Casey, I love your hall bathroom — I found the pic on Flickr. What color is that brown? I didn’t see it in the response you left regarding paint colors above.
    Thanks!

6. That bedroom color is perfection! Love your home.

7. Anna says:

I love all of your wall colors! and your bathroom is great! One of my fav homes!

8. Lacy says:

My favorite house so far! Where did you get the rug in your bedroom?

9. Casey Green says:

Hi Again!

Laura- the picture ledge in the living room is from Crate and Barrel. The one in the bedroom is from West Elm.

Issy- the paint in the living room is the same as the bedroom- BM Sea Haze

Allison- the hall bath is the same as the kitchen- Martha Stewart Pasture Gate. The brown in my office is Benjamin Moore Clinton Brown. It’s the perfect chocolate color- not too red, not too yellow.

Lacy- the rug in the bedroom is from pottery barn. Unfortunately I think it’s been discontinued because I got it as a floor sample for 100 bucks!

Hope that helps!

casey

10. Bernie says:

Thanks Grace, for the “Mid-Century” link. Grew up with that stuff……not nostalgic about it. Our kitchen had all pink appliances….cutting edge design in ’62!

1. grace says:

bernie

no problem- but i think a lot of the “mid-century” references apply to the classic designs of that era by the eames, nelson, bertoia, etc. pink appliances aren’t often what they’re meaning to reference ;)

grace

11. Sonia says:

love the place! the colors the furnitures everything is so perfect!!!!! a 100% pure lov! :3 thanks sooo much for the post ;D

12. Molly says:

This is my all time FAVORITE sneak peak. Makes me sad I’m a renter :(

13. Betsy says:

I just found two vintage letterpress trays just like the one she has! I love them!

I am inspired!

14. Nick says:

I stopped by consignment solutions today to check out the light fixture similar to the one Casey has in her bedroom.

They no longer have any pearl colored ones left, just smoke colored. Smoke is actually more of a brown, not grey and ended up working perfectly for my nursery, so I picked up a medium sized one for $195.

15. Susan B. says:

Very nice…but way too formuliac for my taste. Love the paint choices though!

16. hayden says:

can i just say wow!! this is my first visit to your blog & i love it!!

17. blake says:

I love this nice office room I think if I was sitting in this room work. Would be very happy no.

18. alexx says:

Where are the plates in your office from?

19. Sami says:

SHUT UP!!! I can’t stress enough how much I LOVE!!! The perfect mix of modern/traditional/rustic! lovely geometric paterns, beautiful color choices, and i soOOo love the dining chairs!..
    Thanks for sharing!.. I’m actually grinning fr the happiness it brings me. =P

20. Aya says:

I absolutely love all the touches! Can I ask where you got those cute yellow flowers in the white vase on top of your desk? Love that pop of color!

21. Casey Green says:

Hi Aya,
    The yellow flowers are called Billy Buttons, and I just picked them up at my local grocery store. You can let them dry out and they will stay perfect forever- seriously- the ones on my desk have been there for 2 years!

casey

22. Morgan says:

Where did you find the light pendant in the kitchen? I love it!

23. Kathy says:

I love your master bedroom and bathroom pating colors! Is that bathroom off the bedroom? Do you feel that they go well together?

24. Debby says:

Can you please let me know if the color in the office is martha start pin tail, I’ve tried locating the color online without any luck. If you have the paint’s color code that would be so helpful. thank you.

25. Casey Green says:

Morgan- the light in the kitchen is from Lamps Plus

Kathy- Yes, the bathroom is right off the bedroom. The colors work nicely together… the bedroom gives off a bluish cast in most lights, but both colors have a yellow undertone which ties them together.

Debby- Yes, the office is Martha Stewart’s Tin Pail, but it’s from when her line was carried at Lowes. I’m guessing you can still go into Lowes and they would have it in their computer system. The code on the back of the chip is MS225. Hope that helps!

casey

26. Alice says:

A version of the Capiz Shell pendant that’s above the bed, just showed up in the Pottery Barn catalog: http://www.potterybarn.com/m/search/results.html?words=capiz%20pendant

(although I think it’s smaller)
    -Alice

27. Suzanne K. says:

Love this entire house! Well done! You would never get tired of it! Calming, intimate, personalized, yet FRESH!