sneak peek: caroline de winter

d*s reader and graphic designer caroline de winter is about to move, but thought the best send off for her apartment would be a sneak peek. when caroline and her boyfriend first walked into the place it was love at first sight. the place had been recently renovated and featured a minimalist interior design. the space is unique with its black wooden floors, and boxed lighting around the edges, the exposed old wooden beams of this former attic. and on top of it all, the black and white color palette also suited caroline well for her various collections and colorful vintage finds. for more images click here. {thanks caroline, and good luck with the move!}anne

[above: The orange chairs are my grandmothers old kitchen chairs. The table is from Ikea, it’s quite big so I haven’t seen this piece pop up that much in other people’s homes.]

The paintings all over the apartment are from my boyfriend. His artist name is Toonpoot.

The kitchen is also custom made, very pretty to look at but unfortunately the black finishing stains faster than you can clean it. I added red accessories and vintage finds, to brighten things up.

CLICK HERE for the rest of caroline’s sneak peek after the jump!

The idea for putting plants in Chinese tea tins comes from the Martha Stewart website.

The spice boxes were found, suprise, suprise, in my grandma’s pantry. The retro kitchen scales are from Typhoon.

Because we live under the roof, we don’t have a lot of straight walls, this poses a challenge when it comes to storage. In the bedroom we used open cloth racks as a solution.

The open plan bathroom features custom cabinets, a walk in shower and – a rare find on the rental market – a bath big enough to fit two.

I made the shoe storage myself, based on boxes I saw in an interior magazine. I made the shoe storage myself, based on boxes I saw in an interior magazine. The jewel display is from Ikea.

The couch is also from Ikea and is obviously inspired by the designs of Le Corbusier. The lamp is another vintage knock off and from Kare.

This room features most of my thrift store finds and collections. Most prominently are my tin collection and the different pieces of ceramics, including some West German pieces.

My little crafster haven up on the mezzanine, also doubles as the spare room. The crocheted throw on the bed was another thrift store find. I put part of a table cloth by Kitsch Kitchen underneath my sewing machine to protect the desk.

1. visualingual says:

What a gorgeous space! It’s got great bones and is impeccably decorated. The light streaming in is glorious!

2. Mouse says:

Orange chairs are delightful, as are those nice splashes of green in the kitchen! Cute plants.

3. Magchunk says:

I love those beams! Breathtaking. What a great space to work with and decorate!

4. megan says:

love those orange chairs!

5. greybreaks says:

love the floors, the bathtub/bathroom at the foot of the bed, and the kitchen. and the other bits are brilliant as well. great home!

6. Love the light. Love the dark.

7. Amanda says:

I love it! When can I move in??!! :D

8. Jenna says:

So sad they have to leave that place! The black floors are amazing.

9. Surya says:

Wow, amazing place!

10. sarah says:

where is this beautiful space located?

11. K-Line says:

Just beautiful! Where are they moving next?

12. Petra says:

The black floor is bold, and I love it!

13. stacy di says:

I love those floors…and the beams…what a cool space!

14. Emily says:

Love the paintings!

15. lena tsiorba says:

WOW, what a cool space… I love all the built in shelving that are close to ground… and I love black floors and the bathroom is great too… just overall great space. I would not want to move from there…

16. miss b says:

wow. This place is a rental? Why can’t I find a rental place with this much character… :)…lovely

17. Rebecca says:

Love the black. I always assumed white made things look cleaner and more spacious. Now I think that is a myth.

18. Erin says:

OBSESSED! Love it!

19. Nonna says:

Love it… I am Dutch, live in LA and I could not help thinking… “is this place in Amsterdam..” ?
    It reminded me of the warehouse I used to live in on Amsterdam..
    Absolutely gorg, love it.
    Black floors are SO fab.

20. Thanks everybody for the nice comments about our old apartment!
    The apartment is located in Ghent, Belgium, and – sorry to disappoint you Amanda – is already rented out again. It will be missed but it was time for something new…

21. Eva says:

very nice. really like the black base.