modern wall mural

when it comes to wall murals, i’m usually a “no, thank you” kinda girl. for some reason they conjure up images of poorly drawn disney characters in children’s rooms and folk art country scenes in my grandma’s house. but when i saw this metallic wall mural from apc at tonky design i was sold. this residential commission on great jones street in manhattan features a shimmering silver graphic pattern that gives a nice sense of visual interest to the wall, without hitting you over the head with an old school “MURAL” vibe. if i had a bright open space like this i would love to have something bold like this on a wide wall. click here to check out more on the project…thanks, apc!

1. I like it too… it looks watery and botanical. Kelpish, sea weedy… shimmering.

2. donkee says:

that’s pretty cool. is that done with metallic paint?

3. visualingual says:

That’s gorgeous! I looks like an updated supergraphic from the 1970s!

4. Jen says:

Beautiful! I am looking for something just like that – subtle but with impact – for one very odd wall in my house. I love, love, love this.

5. lauren says:

im also wondering what medium was used, metallic paint or silver leaf? it’s awesome!

6. jackie says:

love it–i could definitely see that design translated on a number of mediums (a t-shirt, for example) :)

7. Tonky says:

Hi All,

Thanks for the support! I produced this using a plotter-cut chrome mylar. It is essentially a fancy sign-making material

Check out my website for more info:

-Anthony Clune

8. yian says:

donnie darko!

9. It really animates the room.

10. Liz Ballard says:

This is amazing! I love it. So different from what you normally see.

11. Injects light to the interior space

12. Very striking, yet subtle work. Congratulation for the autor!