before & after: jennifer’s nursery + sabina’s cabinet

jenniferbefore
this second nursery makeover comes from d*s reader jennifer flores. jennifer’s daughter chloe mainly sleeps in a crib in the master bedroom, but also has her own room. this is a space where jennifer and her husband spend time playing, rocking, and reading to chloe, so they decided to update it to reflect their current needs. the project began by adding ikea wardrobes made to look like built-ins, additional storage for clothing and linens, and a new shelf for chloe’s toys. the final touch- a window seat for when chloe is old enough to read by the window. i love the cheerful color palette- it looks like such a happy place to grow up. thanks for sharing, jennifer!

[have a before & after you’d like to submit for the d*s book or website? just shoot me an email right here with your images!]

jenniferafter2
jenniferafter

CLICK HERE for sabina’s cabinet makeover after the jump!

sabrinabefore
this cabinet makeover comes from jewelry designer sabina koenigs of circ. she was badly in need of a place to organize her jewelry supplies so she found a used hutch, stripped down the teal paint and painted it a neutral french grey. after it dried she added a sweet vintage wallpaper pattern to the back and found herself with a beautiful new place to store supplies. great work, sabina!

sabrinaafter

1. Danielle says:

Do you know where those yellow linens are from? I have been looking for a nice set of yellow linens for a while now and I love these!

2. Bonnie says:

That nursery is beautiful! I want it as MY room. Lovely colors, beautiful light, lucky little girl!

3. katherine says:

i want this to be my bedroom! the doily wallhanging above the bed is right up my alley.

nicely done!

4. Nice and fresh… I love the cabinet hutch idea for jewelry, though I loved it in teal much more! I myself have tons of jewelry and should think of doing something like this. :)

5. Angela says:

Really pretty!

How did Jennifer get the Ikea cabinets to look like such nice built-ins?

6. Sara says:

liked the hutch better in the before picture…

7. Makes me feel guilty! I guess it’s time to decorate my baby her own room!

8. sara says:

i too loved the teal hutch, but I think the finished product is more refined… lovely work.

9. Torie Jayne says:

Hi, I love the look of the nursery after, it is so inviting and warm, Have a sweet day! x

10. What a lovely room transformation.

Although I’m teal/turquoise’s biggest fan, I do like what she’s done with the cabinet.

11. Elizabeth says:

Wow, that bedroom transformation is unbelievable, its such a calming setting.

12. Lovely nursery. But they better move those breakables on the low nightstand once the wee babe gets mobile. I learned that first hand. LOL.

13. What a beautiful before and after! The room looks so much brighter and open. Thanks for sharing!

14. I love both of these feminine makeovers, and would like to know the name of the creamy yellow paint used in Chloe’s room.

Thanks.

15. Danielle says:

Great nursery! I’d love to know the source for the nursery’s headboard. So cute!

16. lindsey says:

Love the nursery, and I agree, the hutch looks more refined in that color.

I have a lot of before and afters on my blog that have teal as the final color, but never the before!

17. Lori Danelle says:

I kind of like the hutch before. . .In fact, I just refinished some dressers to have a similar look. . .

18. meg says:

that bedroom really is an incredible transformation. very soothing, indeed. i also love that little bedside table, i wonder where she got it?

19. kellie says:

the room is absolutely beautiful!

20. Novi says:

Love this nursery makeover! Nice color, smart storage additions and the finishing touch with the mini chandelier!

21. Jennifer says:

Thanks for featuring my nursery, d*s!

Danielle – I bought the linens from HomeSense here in Toronto. Its similar to HomeGoods in the US.

Angela – my husband installed small support strips of MDF on the wall and ceiling. Then he put in MDF filler panels, filled the small gaps with Dap, and painted the panels the same as the wall colour.

lowcountrydogleah – yes, I’ve learned that lesson too! Amazing how far a baby can grasp.

virginia – the paint is Cream Silk by Benjamin Moore.

Danielle – we bought the headboard at a hotel liquidator, Moveline Liquidations. We painted the stripe ourselves using leftover paint.

22. Jen says:

I love the nursery! I also would like to know where you got the headboard and how you made the doily art. Love!

23. Love the nursery! I wish there were more pictures!

24. Nativeson71 says:

I have a similar shade of yellow in my kitchen and my bedrooms.
    Very neutral to harmonize with oak floors / found furniture etc…wall color is so important and you nailed it. Great job!

25. Jennifer says:

meg – the side table is from the Canadian House & Home collection at Home Outfitters

Jen, Virginia – there’s more pics of the nursery and doily art on my blog, ramblingrenovators.blogspot.com :)

26. melissa says:

i love the yellow linens, too! I know you mentioned where you got them but are they a particular brand or is it a home goods/home sense brand?

27. DeAnna says:

I’d liked the before of the hutch better. sorry!

28. Oh, that nursery is absolutely delightful! The colors are so soothing and the room is all pulled together with such love. Beautiful job ~!

I would also love to comment on the armoire here…. — LOVE the patterned wallpaper! It ads so much interest ! Fantastic re-do~!

29. Laney says:

Where did you get the rocking chair???

30. Jennifer says:

melissa – sorry, I don’t know the brand of the linens.

Laney – I bought the chair and ottoman on Craigslist and had them recovered! The fabric is called Devin in the Film Noir colourway and I got it at http://www.designerfabrics.ca.

31. Eva says:

what a cute little closet!

32. Lisa Baus says:

The wallpaper on the back of the cabinet makes it pop. Very distinctive.