weekly wrap up + adelante austin’s curb service

adelante_airstream-08
we’re hitting the fields at brimfield one more time and then packing up the car and heading back to brooklyn. but before we go, i wanted to end the day with some beautiful pictures from adelante austin‘s new airstream boutique called “curb service”. based in austin, adelante austin recently retrofitted a 1976 airstream into a mobile store, which will showcase local austin designer trunk shows, themed shopping parties and a new vintage furniture line. i love the fact that so many businesses are embracing the idea of mobile shops and with an airstream this cute, who could resist? click here for more information on adelante austin and to find our where their curb service trailer will be next!

i’ll see you all next week- i hope you have a great weekend! below is a summary of this week’s highlights. see you on monday! xo, d*s.

110

1. a mobile store is such a great idea!! and the red and white bench is so chic, i love it!

2. SparkerShop says:

This is my dream! I absolutely love this concept and it has been beautifully executed here.

3. ABSOLUTELY LOVE!!!!!! My dream home on wheels!!!

4. How funny that this should be a post, I had an idea for a traveling caravan gift shop a while back, as a solution to my travel lust and obsession with bargain hunting, design and sharing the fruits of my “good eye” with the world, haha… I love this post, gorgeous decor… I want to try this idea out one day… ;)

5. Katie says:

I’m off to Brimfield tomorrow for my first experience at this extravaganza – can’t wait. I look forward to seeing what finds you all brought home.

6. I’m so in love with this idea. My husband and I want one for the backyard, either as a guest house or a studio for me. Turning it into a mobile store is an even better idea!

7. Sasha K. says:

That orange and white bench is gorgeous! And normally I’m more of a cool color person, but I’m really liking the orange and yellow color combo.

8. katie says:

where does the peacock picture come from???

9. kristina says:

fantastic idea!!!!!

10. Nicolette says:

The color layout in this case is simply fabulous. Great layout.

11. Lindsay says:

Austin is seriously big on businesses in Airstream trailers – there is no end to what you might see pop up on the street next, in vintage tin packaging. It won’t be five years until Airstream trailers take over the entire city. I’m surprised that I’m even slightly surprised about a boutique in an Airstream. And their home base is just down the street from where I work….

12. Mary says:

Wow, I love this. They should travel the country!

13. Sarah says:

I don’t know what it is about airstreams but I will never get sick of seeing them turned into restaurants and shops and art studios. I also cannot recommend enough a visit to the Shady Dell in Bisbee, AZ, where you can spend the night in a vintage trailer. Best part of my recent trip to Arizona.

14. Libby says:

I am attemping to buy a house that is rather small, but with a very large back yard (it is fair to say that the back yard is half of why I want the house). I am already thinking of ways to use that yard for living purposes I love the idea of an Airstream parked in the back of the yard for a guest room. Who am I kidding I love the idea of Airstreams anywhere.

15. Sabina says:

Wonderful collection!!! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥!!

16. Stunning! Absolutely stunning!

17. Carolyn says:

Where do I find that white side table?

18. Duk Design says:

I have seen so many businesses go mobile but this is the first clothing line. Awesome idea, I would love it if it made a stop by my house :)

19. great store, love the pillows!! We have a converted airstream nearby that sells the best burrito’s around. Hope you are not slogging in the rain at Brimfield!

20. Kari says:

My favorite part of her airstream is that beautiful mirrored geometric wallpaper, i wonder where she got it…

21. Sarah Jones says:

that is the coolest thing! what a great idea!!

22. Jen O says:

I’m loving that mirrored geometric wallpaper as well! Where can I get it??

23. Jessica says:

The yellow curtains are so fun! And that white chair with the orange fabric is AMAZING! LOVE IT!

24. How perfect is that RV? I want to move in. Love the decor.

25. Yansy says:

This space is absolutely fantastic. I love the color combo. The first shot is my favorite. Grace, I hope you’re having a wonderful weekend. I would like to invite you to come and participate in my giveaway.

26. This absolutely rocks!!!! Best idea I’ve seen in ages!

27. CLAIRE FAUVEL says:

Beautiful and fresh and that idea of a very smart “moving” place is great , i HOPE THE NEXT STEP WILL be an airplane ! they need your design !
    claire

28. Sara says:

i love the colors! fun idea

29. We just love this…more than you’d know! Our Dad & brother refinish vintage airstreams & we see a lot of them rolling in and out of the driveway! They’ve even sent them over to Daddy Long Leg’s in South Africa…so much fun :)

30. Taya says:

Does anyone know where she got the material for those stunning yellow and white curtains ?

I’ve been looking for months for a pattern just the same.

Please help! I am desperate!

31. wow, I never thought I would ever want to live in a caravan, but I want to live in this one! I love it!!

32. Laurapoet says:

Oh what a great post! Airstreams rock! Beautiful Picutres :)

33. Airstreams rule! I recently did a post about the Grandaddy hotel in South Africa which has some on it’s roof!

34. That is a awesome idea!!!!!

35. wow…. another airstream in austin… can we please think of another idea people?!?!!

36. I would love to see that rolling down the street in NYC. For now I’m content with all the dessert trucks that have taken up shop on the city streets;-)

37. mauree says:

I’ve seen it around town. I think it’s cool! Now we only don’t have pizza & cupcakes on wheels, clothes & accessories too!

38. There’s definitely something about those airstreams… maybe Matthew McConnah-whateverhisnameis was onto something… such an awesome concept!

xo Katherine aka. Urban Flea :)

39. Dianna says:

We’ve been thinking about RVing.
    Airstreams are awesome, wouldn’t want to tow it around though….. would be great stationary.

40. Allison says:

I want to live in there. Forever. It’s so fabulous.

41. Becky says:

After moving 5 times in the last two years, a mobile home sounds pretty wonderful, especially if it looked as gorgeous as this one!

42. this is an inspiration. . .an airstream cafe serving breakfast by the beach has always been a dream of ours. . .many thanks for the post. . .we’ll add it to our visualization board!

43. Good colour scheme makes the caravan look bright & colourful.

44. Oy! I love the vibrant colors!

45. Christi says:

The white side table shown is a Global Views product … you can find it at highfashionhome.com

46. lauren says:

anyone had any luck identifying the yellow curtain fabric??

1. grace says:

i haven’t had any- sorry :(

g

47. amanda says:

The yellow curtain fabric is from Schumacher. It’s the Arches Print in Bamboo. When I saw it I knew I’d seen it somewhere before…bookmarked in my fabric I’d love to have folder:)

48. lauren says:

found it too!

i believe you have to have a special account to order with them, but this wonderful etsy shop can assist you with orders as well:

49. Samantha says:

i’m so glad someone found the fabric! i have a vintage trailer, and i love the idea for the curtains, but, since I am making them myself, does anyone know what they are called? they are a shade or blind? any help would be greatly appreciated!