sneak peek: lisa congdon {studio}

in the past we’ve visit the kitchen of the talented lisa congdon (literally and with a recipe), but today we have a very special look into where all the magic happens: her studio. the wonderful old brick building located near 18th and york in san francisco serves as the work space for lisa and her friend jamie, another artist friend (only lisa’s space is pictured here). skylights span half the ceiling, making vast amounts of natural light, especially in the late afternoon.  lisa says, “i always love being here, mostly because it is so peaceful; I can sit and paint, while I listen to npr or music, surrounded by my weird collections, the books I use for inspiration and lots of color.” click here for lisa’s latest work, and here to see larger and a few additional images of the space). enjoy! {thanks, lisa!}anne

CLICK HERE for the rest of Lisa’s peek after the jump!

1. Caroline says:

I think this is great partly because of the fluorescent colors and partly because there are so many compelling subjects of interest on display. I like it a lot.

2. sara says:

I love the natural light -vs- her fluorescent work… especially the dayglo-halo portraits! Great art in an amazing space: perfect.

3. Amanda says:

wow fantastic! i love color on all white like this!

4. Duk Design says:

beautiful studio, the brick and raw flooring work so well with the florescent colors. Great illustration work as well!

5. I love the light and the colors. great studio.

6. Kara says:

Love it- what an inspiring open space!

7. donkee says:

What a fun, energetic and inspiring work space! Thanks for showing it!

8. Hollie says:

so inspiring. love the pops of color here and there midst the white!

9. Erin says:

I NEED NEED NEED the pops of neon in this studio! Hugely obsessed right now.

10. Polly says:

I love this! I love the colours! x

11. Shandell's says:

I love getting to look into other artist’s studio’s. It get my creative juices going, to see that I am not the only one that has inspiration all around.

12. Liana Kabel says:

Since I’m leaving my current studio soon and on the lookout for a new one, a peek at Lisa’s has given me a few ideas for what to look for. Lots of light and lots of colour.

13. Suzanne says:

What a terrific space. I love the single deer antler – it looks so forlorn in such a vibrant space, but somehow still optimistic :)

14. Sarah says:

I love all those pops of color. What a wonderful collections of unique pieces!

Keep up the Sneak Peeks, your posts are a huge source of design inspiration (and occasional envy!). :)

15. Erika says:

Color, color everywhere. I do love those laid out tools and white-washed bricks. Thank you. It is lovely.

16. Alison says:

Love this! Is there a way to share this on facebook? All my artist friends with studios would like this too.

17. Hi from Holland says:

I love all the art. Am especially intrigued by the postcard with that little girl on the left (eighth picture). Where is it from, who is it by? :-)

18. Jutta says:

I’m so in love with all the bright colors! And the brick walls are great.

19. Michelle says:

Beautiful colorful pictures it goes well with the white big walls.

20. Lois says:

This is exactly the kid of adjustable work table I have been looking for! Is there someone selling these? Thanks

21. Jackie says:

@Hi from Holland, the postcard with the little girl on the left is by Yoshitomo Nara.

Love this sneak peak by the way!

22. Shaunie says:

@ Lois, The table looks like it’s from Ikea.

There tables allow you to mix-n-match table tops and legs.

23. Anna says:

I love those shelves – so shallow and PERFECT. Are they from CB2? I’ve been looking for shelves like that for ages and can’t find the perfect ones. Please let me know!

24. tina says:

Love the “Live with art! It is good for you” tote. Where can I find one?

25. Seth says:

I love to see where the magic happens. What a light and colored filled studio. Definitely a place of inspiration.

26. Lisa says:

What an inspiring space you have!

27. Faith Pratt says:

Just discovered you in today’s NY Times Magazine. I have zero art-sense, but fell in love with those neat little arrangements, perhaps the “tidy-ness” of it all.
    Thank you.

28. Roz Butler says:

like a breath of fresh air!

29. Dawn Larson says:

I feel comfortable looking at these pictures, pretending that its my space.