real wedding: elise + patrick

image-1
Hi! My name is Emily and I write the wedding blog, Once Wed. Before I jump right into wedding eye candy, I just wanted to say a huge thank you to Grace for having me on this week. Featuring reader weddings is one of my favorites parts of being a wedding blogger, so I couldn’t think of a better way to kick off my week on d*s than posting some images from Elise and Patrick’s adorable DIY wedding photographed by Our Labor of Love. Elise, the designer behind Foreshadow Press, was kind was to send over some details for me to share…

We were engaged for two years and have been together for almost eight years, which allowed us to envision exactly how we wanted our wedding to look and feel. Our goal was to reflect who we were as a couple and include only details that were important to us. We wanted to incorporate as many DIY elements as possible, as well the work of handmade artists. I spent many hours on Etsy finding various details for the wedding and it really paid off. Many friends and and family contributed their skills, which made the experience of wedding planning fun and exciting. We designed our invitations together. We found an old map of Yarmouth, Maine in Portland Maine a year before the wedding and knew it would be a perfect image to drive the design of all the pieces. Since people would be traveling to Maine for the wedding, the map itself became a theme we carried throughout the wedding. I screen printed the accompanying pieces to the invitation and everything was tied together with read and white twine.

image-2
image-3
image-4
image-5
My 90-year-old grandfather who is a retired Air Force Chaplin led the ceremony. It was incredibly emotional and heartfelt. We wrote our own vows, our wonderful friend Nat Baldwin performed at the ceremony, my parents next door neighbor designed our wedding rings, my uncle made the delicious champagne, my maid of honor, Rhonda hand painted signs to decorate the yard, my friend Sarah letter pressed coasters, and Patrick’s best man, Charley brought cases of wine from his families’ vineyard, and family and friends made all the flower arrangements. Its really wonderful when so many hands are involved in the process.

CLICK HERE for the rest of the wedding post (including all 18 images on one page) after the jump!

image-6
image-7
image-8
image-9
image-10
image-11
image-12
Decorations were simple and clean, with details of bright red, yellow, white, and black that highlighted the beauty of the yard. DIY projects included making wildflower seed packets for the party favors, fifty yards of pennant banners and napkins with fabric bought from Reprodepot.

*want to see even more images of elise and patrick’s big day? click here for the full gallery at once wed.*

image-13
image-14
image-16

Details

Photography: Our Labor of Love

Flowers: Fifty Flowers

Invitations: Foreshadow Press

Dress: BCBG

Suit: Banana Replubic

Necklace: Daughter of Luxury

Cake Toppers: Goose Grease

1. This was a lovely wedding feature – beautiful all the way around!

2. Shanon says:

So, so, so adorable! One of the best weddings I’ve seen. And I love looking at weddings online. ; )

3. So glad to see you guest blogging Emily! Can’t wait for an entire week of wedding goodness. i love this bride’s gown btw. Wow!

4. Cole says:

Gorgeous. But outdoors in Maine! Was there a rain location? A back up plan? Looks so lovely, but I would be so nervous about the weather.

5. Amanda says:

Can I have her dress?!!! I love everything about this wedding!

6. Love it! Seriously beautiful.

7. nath says:

hello Emily! how exciting for you and us! this wedding made me swoon. i love the photo of them on the grass with their inner-arm tattoos. lovely.

8. Absolutely fantastic. The whole wedding had such a lovely feel to it and the images captured where breathtaking. There was so much to be inspired about by this wedding.

9. Best wedding recap ever. I too adore the tattoo. Everything about this is simply gorgeous!

10. Marilyn says:

I am such a huge fan of Emily’s blog and am thrilled to find her as the guest blogger this week! I too find so much inspiration in her keen eye for design! This wedding is so lovely and I will be expectantly following the rest of the week! Cheers.

11. Oh Emily! My favorite wedding blogger…every post has my heart pounding, this is the most incredible one yet!, no this one is!, and on and on!
    So excited to see you here…and this wedding is the most incredible one yet!!!
    you had me at the folk art sign! xo

12. Kristina says:

Wow – the groom looks like Paul Kinsey. Awesome!

13. I love when couples make the wedding individual to them! They did a great job with the DIY details, and Our Labor of Love did a wonderful job as always!

14. The WV girls says:

Hi Emily!! How fun! Love seeing you here and I am loving this wedding. Our Labor of Love’s work always blows me away!

15. vee says:

love once wed, so happy to see Emily here. gorgeous feature!

16. Katherine says:

This is absolutely beautiful. The pictures convey that these two are perfectly in love. The wedding details reflected their personalities :) The picture with her tugging on his tie is my favorite!

17. Ligaya Aline says:

Absolutely Beautiful!!!

18. perfect pick for guest blogger grace, emily you are my fave wedding blogger of all time! gorgeous. xoxo

19. rachel says:

So sweet! Love these photos.

20. Kathryn says:

Our Labor of Love’s photos always make me smile – and what great details! The invitation suite is perfect!

21. kiki says:

i had to keep reminding myself that this was in maine…it has such a northwest feel! lovely!

22. Janie says:

Simply beautiful wedding, love all the details, thanks for sharing with us Emily!!

23. Wonderful, wish we had the weather for a late summer wedding just like this here in good ol’ blighty. Loved the bride and groom little ?wooden? people, thanks for sharing

24. TH says:

Love Emily!

Love, love the bride’s necklace!

25. what a fabulous wedding and an even more beautiful bride! loves it!

26. Katie Halpin says:

Absolutley Amazing!!! I want my wedding to look like this! I love the tattoo photo!

27. Davison says:

Lovely couple, weeding, dog … everything like in a sweet good movie.
    Congrats!

28. Becky says:

So cute! This has the outdoorsy, laid back vibe my best friend is going for with her wedding next summer. I’m passing this along for sure! Thanks for the inspiration.

29. Kelli Hurst says:

I love the wedding dress. wow. Where did you get it? beautiful.

30. Kim says:

What a unique wedding. I love all of the DIY elements and how family & friends contributed different personal touches. Beautiful.

31. Nathalye Alvarez says:

Gorgeous!! It makes want to get marry again!! aaaahh

32. Adore the ranunculus flowers in the cans as centerpieces. Cute!

33. black says:

It’s difficult to discover knowledgeable many people on this subject, but you sound like you realize what you are talking about! Thanks

34. Love that garden cottage look with the flowers!

35. If I could go back and do my wedding deco and design again, it would be just like yours! Beautiful!

36. What a lovely outdoor wedding! I love the bow tie on the cute little pug dog!