Peach Is The New Pink

I guess you could say over the last year Joy Thigpen has become my pseudo-creative director/art director/wedding stylist/florist extraordinaire/best friend. When Grace asked me to guest blog, I immediately called Joy about putting together some inspiration shoots to share with everyone. We knew we wanted to stretch our wings a bit and try putting together a bit more elegant and feminine than we normally do, but were excited by the challenge and knew we were in good hands when the fabulous, Rinne Allen, agreed to shoot everything for us. Take it away Joy…

In the South we use our front porches for everything…why not a wedding, right?

Garden roses find easy company with fever few, rosemary, star of bethlehem, tulips, begonia leaves and a new friend…the pitcher plant and dried mushrooms. As a bit of a side note…do you know the story of the depression glass? Back in the Great Depression most of this particular depression glass was given from the gas station for pumping gas there. Not bad marketing. Please? Gas stations?

CLICK HERE for the rest of Joy and Emily’s post (including all 19 beautiful images on one page) after the jump!

Layering an assortment of plates from family, friends and thrifting can give some life, personality and history to your table as well as your food. Most of the pink depression glass we used belonged to my husband’s great grandmother.

Rough, weathered wood tempers the delicate lines and soft colors keeping the overall look from being too girly.

Guests could refresh themselves at a sherbet stand. Mix matched dessert goblets hold the key to satisfying your sweet tooth in case you’re not so in to cake.

Even though I’m kinda over birds right now I love these because they are a set of salt and pepper shakers given to my husband’s grandparents as a wedding gift. It goes to show that personal connection trumps all rules.

Anna Bond hooked us up with lovely calligraphy that walks the line between tradition and playfulness.

Photography: Rinne Allen

Location: The Hill at Epting Events

Flowers: Joy Thigpen

Plates: Joy’s family and Queen of Hearts 678 297 7571

Silver: H.G. Robertson Silver

Place Cards: Joy Thigpen

Place Cards + Calligraphy: Anna Bond of Rifle Design

1. Virginia says:

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

2. Andrea says:

I was remembering a peach lace dress my sister-in-law had. It was styled like a dress from the 1940’s and I was wishing I could get it and hang it on my wall…
    I love depression glass. I have some from my grandmother.
    Beautiful post.

3. Ashley says:

I love the bird salt and pepper shakers! Nice calligraphy. Well done! (from a southern girl turned brooklynite who dearly misses front porch life)

4. katie says:

love that you’re over here guest blogging! looks beautiful…i want to eat everything – sherbet first.

5. style court says:

Love the rough wood as a foil for the soft colors. And the bits of silver are beautiful too.

6. So inspiring! Peach brings back so many fond memories from my childhood aka the 80s. This story is beautifully done for today. I’m so into it!

7. Caitlin says:

Joy Thingpen’s link isn’t working! Love her work here :)

8. Shanon says:

So soft, like a whisper. Looks wonderful with wood and silver.

9. I love mixing the rough with the fragile and the old with the new! Great work!

10. Kathryn says:

Peach is by far one of my favorite colors right now – and the front porch setting is perfect.

11. Tonia says:

Beautiful!!! Makes me want to have a tea party and wear a dress, which is saying a lot since I consider myself a tomboy. ;)

12. grace says:

hi caitlin

joy’s link is working for me- can you tell me which one isn’t working for you?

13. 100layercake says:

Absolutely beautiful Emily & Joy! I want to live on that front porch and surround myself with peach petals and antique dinnerware for the remainder of summer. (it’s still summer in California, you know?)

14. Kate Skogen says:

ooh, this looks so sweet, southern, and perfect. i miss georgia and rinne allen.

15. Dear Emily and Joy, This is to give notice that I am taking up residency at the above location. Absolutely stunning!

16. honey living says:

stunning! really just delicate and rosy and gorg!

17. The WV girls says:

Um wow!! That’s all I have to say. So enjoying the Once Wed/D*Sponge collaboration…brilliant!

18. courtney says:

Beautiful table-scape. I just adore all of it!

19. as always, fellow atlanta ladies, beautiful work. congrats on another lovely project.

20. I only can say: lovelyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Depression glass is one of my new favourite things! And I’m desperate to own a rustic, wooden table.

22. love everything about it! great job, ladies! inspiring, as always.

23. That is just so lovely and inspiring! Makes me want to throw a dinner party soon…

24. Gorgeous work, ladies! The sherbet stand is just too cute…I hope you start a new trend!

25. Courtney says:

So beautiful. Amazing job as always, Emily and Joy!

26. kiki says:

oh peach and gray…you’ve been just on the border and in the accents for too long…so happy you’re taking center stage!

27. Delicious…I love peach and your photographs are beautiful. Thanks!!

28. Don’t know if my last comment went through???

Absolutely Stunning work, Ladies! Well Done, and thank you for sharing such beauty with us!

29. Alison says:

Love this! This is the wedding look I have been planning for my july wedding. Finally get to see some beautiful styling in peach!

30. This is really lovely!!! great colours, great photography!