My underwear drawer has become overrun vintage hankies. I have tons. And of course, I can’t bear to use them in the manner in which they were intended. Blow my nose on that precious bit of 70 year old textile heaven? No can do. So I’ve been slowly turning my stash into little boudoir pillows, something much more dignified than ye old snot rag.
CLICK HERE for the full project instructions after the jump!
What you’ll need:
- 2 same sized hankies
- either a bag of stuffing or an appropriately sized pillow insert.
- matching thread
1. Launder and press your hankies.
2. Match them up wrong sides together and topstitch along the edges using a ½” seam allowance. Leave 3” open at corner for stuffing.
3. Stuff your pillow till it’s almost bursting at the seams, as stuffing tends to lump if it isn’t packed in very tightly to start with.
4. Sew up your open corner and secure with a backstitch.
5. I’ve always had a soft spot for kitschy souvenir map prints, so it’s an added bonus to take that hankie out of the drawer and show off some hometown pride. New Hampshire represent!