DIY Wedding Menu Wheel

I’m really fortunate to have a wonderful team of contributors on Once Wed who help me bring unique and original content to my readers on a weekly basis. I was thrilled when my amazing DIY contributor, post_2
Treat your guests to a fun surprise at the dinner table with a spinning paper wheel menu. As they turn the wheel the cut out reveals the evening’s appetizers, dinner, cocktails and desserts. I decided to decorate my wheel with paper petals but you could simplify the project (especially if you have a lot of guests) by using simple circle shapes or adding character with patterned paper. If you’re not up to the challenge of creating a menu per guest you could also make just one for each table. -Anna of Rifle Design

CLICK HERE for the full project instructions (and more photos!) after the jump!

Supplies: colored craft paper, screwposts, ruler, scissors, screw punch, pinking shears (if desired), pencil & eraser, glue stick, cutting mat, craft knife, and compass.

1. Begin by measuring the plates you’ll be using at your event (I determined my wheel should be about 8 inches wide to fit nicely in the center of my dinner plates). Using a compass trace a circle, mark the center, and cut out. Then, using a screw punch, punch out the center with a hole large enough to fit your screwposts.

2. Next trace and cut out your secondary circle. This circle will have the window which reveals each portion of the menu. Cut out two holes with a craft knife, one for the title (‘appetizers,’ ‘dinner,’ etc.) and one for the menu items. To determine these sizes print out your menu text and measure the area. Be sure to measure the largest/longest groups of words so that the holes. don’t cover up any writing as it spins.

3. Print out your menu items on the same colored paper as you’re using for the backing circle and glue evenly around the paper. Note: You could also print the items directly on the back circle but from experience this can be frustrating if you don’t have everything perfectly lined up.

4. Decorate your top circle as you wish. When you’re finished attach the two circles together with screwposts.

1. Lyndsay says:

Such a great idea, very unique!

2. Cat says:

Love this DYI…. And love rifle design. If I could redo my wedding I would totalt use her for invites.

3. eco-stylista says:

What an original idea and it looks beautiful! I love the colors!

4. Kelsey says:

I love this!! great for holidays, weddings and dinner parties very unique!

5. Renee H. says:

This is such a special touch. Everyone would enjoy this & have fun spinning to find out the next course!

6. cindy says:

Neat idea! I was just wondering if a large, decorative paper punch could be used to create viewing windows instead of an exacto knife . You might have to get creative with the lettering size or placement but it may save a little time if you have to create 50+ of these little guys.

7. Kathryn says:

Another darling idea from Anna! Also, I think my life would be much improved with a pair of pinking shears…

8. Lisa says:

love this idea! and i love rifle design. thanks!

9. Angie says:

This is a lovely idea. Not only does it serve a purpose for the guests to see the menu for the evening, but it also dresses up the tables. Thanks for the great tutorial.

10. how adorable. A lot of time and effort but so worth it in the end! Great job!

11. sarah says:

Is that a font you used for “Menu Wheel” or hand drawn? If so, what is it?

12. Anna Bond says:

to Sarah: I did hand draw ‘menu’ but the font for the other writing is called ‘Merriam’ which you can find at

13. Michonne says:

OMG. THIS is why I love, love, love Rifle Design. I wish I had 1/98 the creativity that you guys do. This is super rad! Thanks for the great idea! :)

14. so gorgeous… great idea and beautiful design as always ;-)

15. Amy says:

I just LOVE Anna & Rifle Design! Always so beautiful & creative. I wish I had known about her when I was planning my wedding!

16. Grace says:

I just love Anna Bond and her incredible creations in Rifle design. A wonderful girl and an amazing talent!

17. WOW, these took my breath away! They’re stunning and have that unique charming quality that Anna’s work always has. Love!

18. Ryan Lo says:

WoW!! That’s so creative!! I can’t wait to make one for myself! Thanks for your idea!

19. susan komm says:

I love your idea. I’m going to use it for a holiday dinner invitation….thanks

20. These look so adorable and charming. Great pics and instructions!

21. Sarah says:

O my, I love this. I am going to use it at my next dinner party. Thanks for sharing the tutorial. My friends will be impressed!

22. Jamie says:

LOVE this tutorial. Had it saved ages before our wedding (it’s still bookemarked on my computer)… We took this DIY & modified it for fabulous menus at our reception. Thanks for sharing!

23. Renata Rosa says:

Muito criativo!

24. Jamie says:

I had this post bookmarked for almost 2 years- and for our wedding we made a take-off of this wheel for our menus! Turned out FABULOUS! Thanks for sharing.