i can’t get enough argyle! here’s a quickie friday afternoon project for your onesie socks (click here for yesterday’s argyle card project). while i was playing with them i found that the band at the top of the sock make a perfect little soft neck at the top of the vase. i might have to buy some more socks to cover some other things in my apartment. have fun!! -kate
CLICK HERE for the full project after the jump!
3. needle and thread
5. scrap fabric
1. pull sock over vessel to make sure if fits nicely and you like the shape of it.
2. cut the sock an inch underneath the vessel. pull it off the vessel to sew it.
3. put your vessel base on the leftover socks bits and trace the bottom. do this on your scrap fabric also. cut out the two base shapes.
4. pin the scrap fabric to the sock fabric so that the scrap will go on the inside and the sock will be facing out on the base.
5. turn the sock inside out and put back on the vessel. fold the extra fabric underneath the base and pin it inside the circle template you made with the scrap fabric facing out. when you sew this and turn it inside out you will have the sock base facing outwards, which is what you want.
6. sew the base to the rest of the sock using matching color thread. snip any excess fabric once it is sewn to remove bulk from the base.
7. turn inside out and slide your sock over your vessel. you can fuss with the banding at the top to make it straight.