before & after: jenna’s bathroom & jessica’s room

jennabefore
this bathroom makeover comes from jenna rose in ontario. her washroom had been painted a deep brown with dark brown trim, accented by lime green curtains. determined to update her master bathroom suite, jenna wallpaper the back wall in a paintable wallpaper and painted it, as well as the walls, a cream color. the trim got a coat of white paint and the frame around the tub was sanded down and stained with a white oak finish. the elegant chandelier? a thrift store find with new bulbs and a coat of spray paint. the finished result is so relaxing and luxurious- great work, jenna!

[have a before & after you’d like to share on d*s? just shoot me an email right here with your images!]

jennaafter

jessicabefore
next up is a room makeover from photographer jessica claire. she had a friend create the incredible pattern on the back wall using wooden trim! the effect is really striking and the new look? wonderful. great job, jessica!

jessicaafter
08after

1. rhondarella says:

Jenna:
    This bath looks so much better. It is amazing what white stain did for that tub. Love your chandelier, very chic! Great job…

Jessica: LOVE the way that wood trim made this space feel so clean and modern. Love the contrast. Amazing, classy. Great idea!

2. marii muniieka says:

This is WONDERFUL….i absolutely love it!! Both are amazing I can just imagine the feeling walking into a room like that!

3. Asma says:

Wow, these transformations are really stunning!

4. sara says:

Love the wood trim, so graphic! But the contrast would make me cross-eyed after a while… I’d probably paint them a softer grey.

5. susie says:

Wow! That bathroom is divine! What an amazing transformation. Just love it!

6. Now that is a BEFORE AND AFTER! It takes my breath away. Such imagination to come up with that! Bravo!

7. jaturon says:

So Lovely! Great Job, Jenna. I would put a few of your big bins in these rooms!

8. visualingual says:

Wow, wow, wow, that wooden trim wall is crazy! It looks stunning in the photo, but I don’t know that I could relax in that space. Then again, maybe the room is not for relaxation.

9. WOW…stunning work! I love that bathroom. The whitewashed wood looks gorgeous around the tub.

10. Angela says:

That wood trim is genius, and brilliantly executed . It’s only my opinion, butI think it’s a shame the flat screen has pride of place…it detracts from the beginnings of what could be a great room. Get rid of that and add some extras- books, some sculptural flowers in bright colours (hot pink?)…it needs personality to compliment that fantastic wall.

11. I want that bathroom! I keep looking for a thrift chandelier, but nothing yet!

And that wood trim had to have taken FOREVER! Props to the friend who loves you so much to do that!

12. That wood trim is incredible. I love it!

13. chiaroscuro says:

the bathroom looks beautfiul clean and calming! I love it!

14. Wowee wow wow. These are some of the best afters I’ve seen in a while! gorgeous.

15. Gaelyn says:

love the bathroom! way to see the potential

16. The bathroom. I want it.

17. Constance says:

I LOVE the last before and after! What a change! Very eye catching!

18. Oh my! What AMAZING transformations in both spaces. Thanks for sharing.

19. Bex says:

My day is just never complete without my design*sponge before and afters … and they never disappoint with their creative beauty. Never ever.

20. Jennifer says:

Love the wood trim idea…the stark black and white kind of hurts my eyes…if I ever took that idea I’d probably do a tone-on-tone type treatment

21. Duk Design says:

the bathroom re-design is perfection! the wooden tub and white chandelier are amazing!

22. Kellie says:

LOVE the bathroom! The wood around the bath – Excellent Job! Thanks for making me smile! :)

23. Wow, that bathroom is to die for!

24. rachel says:

I love the bathroom make over! Do you have any tips from staining the wood with the white oak stain? I loved how it turned out and would like to try it myself. Thanks -Dd

25. love that bathroom, super duper makeover.

26. Liz says:

That bathroom is so pretty! I’m inspired and want to do something like that in my house! Probably not the bathroom, but maybe a bedroom…

27. Wow! Talk about before and after! Such dramatic changes!

28. caroladas says:

Extraordinary change. Wonderful.

29. jenna rose says:

wow, such nice compliments- thanks!

Jaturon- Yes, i plan on adding one of my big bins to the bathroom with spare towels rolled up in it!
    They’re great for that!

Rachel- staining the wood was the trickiest part of the job. I used a palm sander to sand it down and it took hours to do and produced so much dust! I brushed the stain on and wiped it off within three minutes of applying it- repeated that three times, but then felt it was too white, so I sanded it lightly before adding the clear coats which really helped the wood grain show through.

30. Birdfruit says:

OMG, the bathroom is beautiful and so serene! I love the bleached wood around the bathtub and the white contrast with the green walls. Mmm… my dream bath.

31. Sarah says:

The bathroom transformation is amazing, so inspiring! Love it love it love it ….

32. Nonna says:

Ohmygawd, that bathroom…… that is so elegant !!

33. Paula says:

I really like the pattern, but if I have to be functional it is quite annoying to have that background if you watch TV for a long time

34. Jenny says:

beautiful and inspirational!

35. DeAnna says:

I love the bathroom. It looks like a great space to begin with, but after the transformation? a m a z i n g !

36. natalie says:

bathroom gets an A+!!!

the black wood trim is horrific – seizure inducing! Please, if you have to do this, let it be tone on tone.

37. Amanda says:

Jenna’s bathroom is dazzling! Can I have one?!

38. onegrandhome says:

The bathroom makeover is amazing, and shows how dramatic a change can be made with an abundance of imagination and elbow grease. I can’t believe how much was accomplished without major structural changes. Bravo.

39. trgrieves says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bath!

40. rachel says:

thanks, Jenna Rose. I hope try it soon, fingers crossed and thanks for the great tips!

41. Alysia says:

I love the use of the curtains with holdbacks in the bath. It adds so much.

42. absolutely unreal and so my style! (and not because we share the same name! haha)